The Wally-Banger Special build

GoldenMotor.com

jrock61

Aug 2, 2011
NC
I like the color combo. I would add a front brake after motorizing. A BMX front brake, caliper type, will fit over your fender and they don't cost much.
Hey wheelbender, i was curious if you know where I can get that BMX front brake caliper type?

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
jrock- ive bought bmx brake kits at my local ACE hardware store for $14, or any hardware store that has a bike isle. wally world or target may work too.

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
hey all

just an update:

i installed the new #41 chain and replaced the crummy stock bike chain

pros:
the chain is so thick it cant fall between the sprocket and spokes

i nolonger need a chain tensioner
i actually got it to start!

cons:
the chain rubbs my left side chain and seat stays =/ but it isnt too bad, more like guiding the chain then rubbing
im going to leave it be

this stock cranbrooke is the most comfortable ride i have, definatly a cruiser

the next step it to figure the silly "speed carb" out
ive tried for near a miles worth of pedaling to get it to idle and its not working out, im going to have to seal the crap out of the manifold to the carb

compare the chains!
this is the single best upgrade ive done to my bike

it was near 16 bucks for two bikes worth of chain

anyone have tips for this red cover carb? it has two screws on it to adjust fuel and air, and i cannt seem to get it to work right:-||

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
The cranny is a thin frame so don't let the chain rub the frame too much. it may start a crack!!!
as for the cnsv2 one is a idle screw and the other is air fuel mix, i had one that was not running well at all and i took it completely apart and found all kinds of metal shavings in the jets. try cleaning it thoroughly. i ended up putting the original nt on it

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
as for the cnsv2 one is a idle screw and the other is air fuel mix, i had one that was not running well at all and i took it completely apart and found all kinds of metal shavings in the jets. try cleaning it thoroughly. i ended up putting the original nt on it

the left screw is for air fuel in for more air
on the right is the idle, in for more speed

i will dismantel it to see if the jet is screwed in or if its clogged with shavings

my nt is on my other bike and ive taken that thing apart a few dozen times, is the red cover carb as simple to take apart?