Belt Drive 4 stroke wwhere to get parts??

GoldenMotor.com

billykidd602

May 26, 2011
phoenix,az.
I have a honda knockoff with the 4G belt drive 4.2/1 not the 5/1 and I am wondering where to get a new pulley freewheel? and a new belt? Anyone else have problems with these belt drive freewheels? I mean to say initally this setup hauled some a_ _! first motor problems then freewheel grenaded literally.....Input....???

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You are supposed to get a replacement HD one way at no charge, I had no luck or response from my selling WD. I just carefully centered the old one way and welded it, as many have done. Easy permanent fix.

billykidd602

May 26, 2011
phoenix,az.
We clearly think alike I have done the same long ago it poses a major problem though. Your engine then becomes a "Jake Brake" chewing up belts and wearing the woodruff key on the small sproket side of drive chain. Which also had to be welded as a result. Let alone chewing up belts

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
All the new 4G's are out of stock everywhere. Grubee seems to be at a halt. Design Flaw? Customs? Price? Don't really know what's going on with them. Everyone was supposed to have them by the end of May, well here it is... Hope they get it sorted out.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Hey Terry,
Speaking of hard to find parts, you are one of the few who still list the deluxe muffler, the #6 Poo Poo Pipe with the extra large/long pipe. But you are out of stock. Can you still get those or are they gone for good, as it seems no one has them anymore. Thanks!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey Terry,
Speaking of hard to find parts, you are one of the few who still list the deluxe muffler, the #6 Poo Poo Pipe with the extra large/long pipe. But you are out of stock. Can you still get those or are they gone for good, as it seems no one has them anymore. Thanks!
Hi
Well they certainly will be back as soon as we get a shipment from Grubee Inc my hope is by the end of summer and if we all are super lucky slightly sooner

4950cycle

Sep 8, 2010
Dunnellon,FL.
Heck, I havn't even been able to find a 50 cc 4 stroke Haushang (Honda knock off) on the whole web here in the US. I found one but it was Way, Way more money than what they were going for just a little while ago ! I think it was $600 plus just for the kit !

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Is there anyone selling the 80t,90t, or 100t solid pulley wheel for these kits? I just put 60 miles on my bike and the one way has went out 5 times. As I am something of a master rigger I noticed that it was working in reverse. So I had someone hold the rear wheel and turned the pulley wheel toward the back of the bike. It popped back in and as long as I pedal up to 8 miles an hour I am able to ride no problem. I have an idea for a freewheel for the drive side but i need to figure out gear ratio before that info is posted

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Fred,I most definitely checked them and not only do they not have a solid pulley,they don't have anything else in stock either apparently.
Could you or someone point me in the right direction? I also would like to know if someone could tell me the actual diameter of the shaft at the drive sprocket? I have the 80/10 tranny.
And will a flip flop 13 tooth freewheel work with the 415 chain? I am planning on welding the bearing but have a great idea for a freewheel and adaptor from staton Inc.

I know someone will cry about ratio but here's the thing:I normally ride a 20" bmx with a 52t front/16t rear setup. I can cruise at 25 mph ALL day like this so 12:1 ratio and lower won't be an issue.

And on a side note,I have been researching these huasheng engines about 5months before I finally bought one. Other than the crap one way I can't really complain.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Fred,I most definitely checked them and not only do they not have a solid pulley,they don't have anything else in stock either apparently.
Could you or someone point me in the right direction? I also would like to know if someone could tell me the actual diameter of the shaft at the drive sprocket? I have the 80/10 tranny.
And will a flip flop 13 tooth freewheel work with the 415 chain? I am planning on welding the bearing but have a great idea for a freewheel and adaptor from staton Inc.

I know someone will cry about ratio but here's the thing:I normally ride a 20" bmx with a 52t front/16t rear setup. I can cruise at 25 mph ALL day like this so 12:1 ratio and lower won't be an issue.

And on a side note,I have been researching these huasheng engines about 5months before I finally bought one. Other than the crap one way I can't really complain.

your going to find out real quick you can not pedal as fast as the motor will spin so the gears on your pedal side do not mean crap when running a motor. Motor spins 7500rpm you can make around 120rpm pedaling.
to high/fast of gearing and you will burn the clutch out and never get going
to low and you might be able to walk faster then it will go at WOT
those little 4strokes like a ratio around 18-1not the 9-1 as using a 13tooth freewheel would give you

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I didn't say that I could out pedal the motor YANK. I was trying to say that I can pedal to 10 or 15,maybe even twenty,THEN throttle. Wow dude. Seriously though,I can make the bike accelerate with pedals and motor all the way to 25 so no worries. I can handle it. At the moment I have a 44t front/16t rear setup on 24" wheels and I can pedal from a dead stop sitting down. Any more questions? Accusations? Money? HA!-HA!

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
I didn't say that I could out pedal the motor YANK. I was trying to say that I can pedal to 10 or 15,maybe even twenty,THEN throttle. Wow dude. Seriously though,I can make the bike accelerate with pedals and motor all the way to 25 so no worries. I can handle it. At the moment I have a 44t front/16t rear setup on 24" wheels and I can pedal from a dead stop sitting down. Any more questions? Accusations? Money? HA!-HA!
you need to do more research on what others have built on what works and whats just a waste of time and money

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Money isn't the issue. Finding parts for the 4G tranny is. And besides that I have 20 yrs experience working on bikes. All I really need to know is if the 415 chain will work on a bmx freewheel. The rest of the project is accounted for those are the only things I need.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Absolutely!
It will still track fine over the freewheel teeth, it is just alot wider than regular bicycle chain. It will never work on a standard multi-speed gear cluster, but a single speed BMX sprocket as you intend will be fine.
If you keep 1/2" free play you shouldn't need a tensioner, but a spring loaded tensioner always makes maintenance alot easier, one less thing to adjust.