Pirate Cycles Layback seat post which one?

GoldenMotor.com

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Which size fits the worksman? I've been snakebit lately with every decision I have made, have lost all my confidence, and hopefully someone has bought one.

Al

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
I emailed him for you. Im not sure either. Id like to get one for my bike as well. My seat doesnt work well with the one i currently have.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
This style works best and hides well. You just flip your seat guts (clamp) and then you don't even see the layback section. Worksman is 7/8". Old Schwinns are 13/16". New bikes are typically 1".

Sportsman Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Last edited:

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Pat makes a real nice seatpost. Easily hidden by the seat. I wanted to move my seat back more and just figured out i had the long end inside the bike!!! DUH

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I make a long end and a short end on the post just for that reason, but I prefer the short end to mount the seat. Let's face it, this is a big overhung load and the big guys will eventually bend a post. Well, at least I think they will.

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
PAt does in fact make some beautiful layback seat post. I ordered a layback seat post gas tank that arrived yesterday and man i am in love! Keep up the good work pat!!!

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Hey you calling me FAT!!!

On my bike the longer end works better for the new seat i got for the board track look. The short end works better for my crusier look. Always nice to have options!!

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
My entire bike is a sportscarpat kit bike!! Im no frabricator so this was a nice way to go. Plus it also shows how nice his kit also makes into a crusier.