Felt Slater Motorized Bicycle Project

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm now building my dream bike... a Felt Slater!
This bike is new from the box. ;)
I'm finished with the 'in frame' tank & I'll be starting on the rest of the build in a few days... I'll post more pics as it happens.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: Felt Slater MB Project

All I can say is "it's gonna be a beauty!" Love that frame, love that fork and blue is my favorite color....what else can I say? Can't wait to see the finished build....have fun!

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Here's a little update for today...
I just got the engine painted & installed today using those Ampt mounts... Here's a few new pics.

REDI

Jun 10, 2010
Los Angeles

Ive seen this bike in person and she's gonna be sweet....The black tires/wheels and engine really set the blue paint off and the "in-frame" tank is HUGE!!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Black-n-Blue, I like that color scheme. I'm thinkin it's time to turn this fat tube into a tank like that....I'm sure you won't mind;) Keep em coming!(^)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

That's a very nice bike.

How do you seal the tank inside the frame?

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN

I share your dream Norm. According to my Indy Felt dealer, Felt sells out of the Slater as soon as they're in. How do you compare the Abraham spring fork to the ones you sell? Good Luck w/ your build. It's a beauty.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

That's a very nice bike.

How do you seal the tank inside the frame?
There are many threads on making these tanks,; just search around... My new way of making them is different & a patented design. (very quick & easy.) ;)

I share your dream Norm. According to my Indy Felt dealer, Felt sells out of the Slater as soon as they're in. How do you compare the Abraham spring fork to the ones you sell? Good Luck w/ your build. It's a beauty.
The Felt forks are the most hard core solid forks you've ever seen!!

juanm7

Oct 29, 2010
Denver

How are you venting your gas cap? Also are you planning on keeping the 3 speed the bike comes with and go with a jackshaft or change it up? Thanks for any advice. I just bought a Felt that I'm planning to convert and any help would be appreciated.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

How are you venting your gas cap? Also are you planning on keeping the 3 speed the bike comes with and go with a jackshaft or change it up? Thanks for any advice. I just bought a Felt that I'm planning to convert and any help would be appreciated.
The cap is vented by drilling a tiny #71 hole in it.
I swapped out the rear wheel for a wide Felt wheel with a Shimano coaster hub in it & I have a sprocket bolted to it.
SBP shift kits are nice, but it's really hard to use on a Felt because of the custom engine mounts needed.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

The cap is vented by drilling a tiny #71 hole in it.
I swapped out the rear wheel for a wide Felt wheel with a Shimano coaster hub in it & I have a sprocket bolted to it.
SBP shift kits are nice, but it's really hard to use on a Felt because of the custom engine mounts needed.
Is a hole that small big enough for a vent? I drilled about a 1/4" hole in mine for the vent.

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California

hey venice i want to plan a trip over to your shop to chk things out :) maybee get a group of mb'ers to go for rides on the weekends.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Is a hole that small big enough for a vent? I drilled about a 1/4" hole in mine for the vent.
Yep, thats all it needs! That's the size of the carb jet, & the tank can't drain any faster than the gas can flow through the jet. ;)

hey venice i want to plan a trip over to your shop to chk things out :) maybee get a group of mb'ers to go for rides on the weekends.
Just show up on the next LA club ride! (^)