reaching the end of my rope... lots of setbacks on install, destroyed wheel hub

GoldenMotor.com

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i'm not too proud that i'm getting my ass kicked by a moped install. wtf.

my huffy cranbrook rear wheel hub won't go back together. can someone please guide me, i searched online for rebuilding hubs but there seem to be a thousand kinds.

i took mine apart because i was trying to get the sprocket flush with the hub and there was a metal strip that stuck out. anyways, i unbolted the hub slightly and then the threaded (stud/axle) would only tighten on one side and i couldn't get the axle centered on the wheel again. so i took it apart completely trying to recenter it, and now it's all messed up.

and my motor mounting went slowly and my spray paint job has no resilience to stratching. i'm very unhappy right now.

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
used the wheels from my mountain bike for now... front brakes and no rears now. and an engine that doesn't run. this is really embarrassing that i can't get this stuff figured out. i'm not horrible with cars i swear. :-(

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
tire i feel you man i got very frustrated my fisrt build and sometimes still do i took the entire engine kit off my dads old bike to put on a frame with better brakes well the last thing i decided to do was change the rear tire over only to find out the rear forks were to skinny and the chain rubbed the tire and the fork so i was not very happy that was about a week ago the i havent removed the kit yet to reinstall nbake on old bike

so dont give up dude take a break and come back to it later

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Everything can be fixed.

Do a search for cranbrook hub, or cranbrook rear wheel, there are a lot of posts and solutions for that problem. You do have to bend the brake arm to get the sprocket to fit properly, but you have to do that with most coaster brake models.

I just sold a cranboob with about 2000 miles on it, so they can be made to work nicely.

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i'm not meaning to waste anyone else's time with this thread.

i do need attention in the GENERAL BICYCLE FORUM in the thread SUCCESS, THEN UNSUCCESS...