Unleaded petrol ban in NSW/Australia

GoldenMotor.com

3turncarby

Jun 28, 2010
Australia
I heard from a friend that this will happen!! Here is another's view-point I agree with!

What do you's think??

Another NSW ripoff: Standard Unleaded to disappear!

The below statement quoted from the above link:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Another NSW ripoff: Standard Unleaded to disappear!
23-Jun-2009

The NSW Government has shown once again its total disregard for the NSW motorist by the passing of legislation that will actually ban the sale of standard unleaded fuel on the forecourt from 1st July 2011, according to David Lye from Private Fleet.com.au

Already, it is increasing the mandated level of ethanol to be contained in overall fuel production from two percent to six percent, which effectively means that for oil companies to conform to the law standard unleaded will be progressively withdrawn from sale with immediate effect.

"This is another example of discrimination against for the poor NSW motorist with this clear restriction of choice " said Lye.

Research undertaken by media outlets and Private Fleet's own testing confirms that 10% Ethanol fuel undeniably burns fuel at a faster rate which means it actually costs more to run than a tank of unleaded even with a 3 cent price saving at the fuel pump.

"One test was reported after an extensive experiment in December 2008. We found that in virtually all driving conditions E10 is simply not as economical as unleaded", Lye asserted.

"NSW is the only State in Australia to have instituted such legislation citing the dubious claim that it is good for the environment" he said.

However there is no conclusive proof that this is the case. E10 does emit less carbon dioxide, but because you use more of it, the environmental benefits are virtually negated.

The one incontrovertible fact is that your fuel consumption will go up when you are denied the choice, and it's happening now. One fuel company has already withdrawn standard unleaded completely in NSW, whilst others are being forced to withdraw it on a daily basis. Although their margins are likely to remain around the same, not a single fuel company expressed support for the legislation.

"This is yet another slug for the NSW motorist" says David Lye.

And of course many motorcycle manufacturers are very dubious about E10 fuel – check your bike brand’s website for details.

Last edited:

3turncarby

Jun 28, 2010
Australia
It might be not a big-deal too you mate, but to us mere mortals it means "less-engine-life" and all rubbers have to be replaced with ones that won't dis-intergrate within a couple of months or so-as this fuel is very corrosive especially to alloy! :) Poor-old carbies! .crt.

3turncarby

Big deal. New York has been using E10 for YEARS. It's a nice power bump when I drive out of state to places that have no E at all.....

Here they claim it's used for "Emissions."

yendorrodney88

May 5, 2010
campbelltown nsw australia
It might be not a big-deal too you mate, but to us mere mortals it means "less-engine-life" and all rubbers have to be replaced with ones that won't dis-intergrate within a couple of months or so-as this fuel is very corrosive especially to alloy! :) Poor-old carbies! .crt.

3turncarby
3turncarby Hi I went to a garage down the road and they had no unleaded so I went for super and am running at 20;1 its going great the price difference is hardly noticable

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
That sounds like gubment fer ya. They all need a haircut. Even europe can see that government is out of control whacky and needs to be cut.

somewhat related aside: I saw the most incredible AFL game tonight that ended in a tie and will be decided next week, possibly. Everyone was so dissapointed and some want a rule change where others say why change when the rule is only for finals. Deliberate change should never happen too quickly, and sports are a good example of how to implement change without ruining a game.

Sorry for your troubles down there.

3turncarby

Jun 28, 2010
Australia
That sounds like gubment fer ya. They all need a haircut. Even europe can see that government is out of control whacky and needs to be cut.

somewhat related aside: I saw the most incredible AFL game tonight that ended in a tie and will be decided next week, possibly. Everyone was so dissapointed and some want a rule change where others say why change when the rule is only for finals. Deliberate change should never happen too quickly, and sports are a good example of how to implement change without ruining a game.

Sorry for your troubles down there.
Thanks for your sincerity!!!

3turncarby.