BBQ Brisket anyone?

GoldenMotor.com

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
I got volunteered to make some BBQ. I just put this humongus brisket on the pit, I hope it gets done by noon tomorrow. I tried a super secret competition BBQ trick to this one, we'll see how it turns out.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
What are the wires? The secret BBQ thing? Tell me you are not "helping" it cook from the inside out with a little juice from an electrical source. :)

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Good luck Asia, brisket is the only cut of meat that I have failed to smoke with success. One of these days I'll get it right. I'm about to stick a turkey in my propane smoker and in 12 hours I'll have the best tasting bird out there.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Dangit...

Now I'm hungry and I slacked & skipped going to the grocery store... obviously you need to deliver o.o

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
What are the wires? The secret BBQ thing? Tell me you are not "helping" it cook from the inside out with a little juice from an electrical source. :)
Those are temp probes, one for the pit and another for the meat. They connect to a digital controller that automatically fans the flames (it's a charcoal pit) to increase the temp and turns the fan off to drop the temp. It will also alarm if the the temp goes too far out of your setpoint and it alarms when the meat has reached your setpoint.

I took a competition BBQ class back in Feb, the guy teaching the class gave us these sample brisket marinade packs. Some of the experienced teams in the class were like, "Hey you're giving away our secret -literally." I'm kinda anxious to see how it turns out.

I hear the alarm going off so it must be done, it's a big hunk of meat so I'm in no rush to take it off. It was exactly a 12hr smoke.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I hate you! :p

The only place locally that made brisket the way I like it recently changed (read cheapened) they way it's prepared. They used to slice it off the brisket as you ordered it and served with no sauce so you can add your own at the table. I LOVED their mustard BBQ sauce. Now they slice up the whole thing and toss it in a big serving tray full of sauce. :(

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i know he,s cooking that brisket with the top secret Canadian RCMP BBQ technique .
150,000 tazer volts for 6 hours .
thoroughly kick from all sides untill tender .
wipe off all BBQ sauce until clean .
serve with a dash of salt and pepper spray .

oh man , if that don,t put me on a no fly list ! DOHHH

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
truely , brisket needs to be smoked at least 8 hours , low temp , for the most awsomest taste . and what ever ya do ... just don,t soak it in kraft zesty italian dressing for 3 hours before ya cook it , and ou definately don,t wanna mix lea and perrins worchestershire sause and a dash of soya suuce to the zesty italian dressing , cause that would be just nasty .

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

There's only three kindsa animal and they're all bif...

"bif what crawl, bif what fly & bif what swim"

That's bif what crawl ;)

(I dunno - isa quote from somewhere [Chinese menu mebbe?] I've never managed to forget it lol)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks mighty good ... but just what kinda animals are these briskets?

I bet they'd be good with biskets and gravy.
And I have yet to see a 'Nauga'...you know, the animal that they use for naugahyde upholstery like seat covers... Are they big, like cows, or small like minks and they sew the skins together? Can you eat them? Are they like beef or bison? :)
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
And I have yet to see a 'Nauga'...you know, the animal that they use for naugahyde upholstery like seat covers... Are they big, like cows, or small like minks and they sew the skins together? Can you eat them? Are they like beef or bison? :)
Tom
Save the Endangered Species
by James E. Winslow

I was watching a special the other night on endangered species. This is a real problem, and we have to deal with it now if our children are to enjoy the world as we know it today. As they were going through the list of endangered species, I happened to think of an animal that really needs to be added.

The animal that I would place on the list of protected species is the Nauga. The placid Nauga is a very gentle animal that is slaughtered in great numbers for only its hide, as no other part of the Nauga is ever used. There were once great herds of Naugas, but they are disappearing just as the great herds of American Buffalo did at the turn of the century.

I can think of no other sight as beautiful as a herd of colorful Naugas peacefully grazing on the polyester plant in the shade of the great plywood forest, yet Naugas are ruthlessly murdered for their hides. Why are they being slaughtered? So some people can show off their affluence. Doctors are especially guilty, as almost all their waiting rooms are appointed with naugahide covered furniture, and then there are people that actually wear and flaunt Naugahide coats.

I have been told by my sources, that have to remain unnamed, that if we were to kill off all of the Naugas, the polyester plants would overrun the plywood forest and choke out the little plywood trees, sometimes called panelings. As you can see, there is a delicate balance of nature, and if it were not for the Naugas eating the pesky polyesters, the great plywood forest would die out, or at least would be stunted. Can you imagine what would happen to our construction industry if we couldn't get full-sized plywood trees to build with. Oh just to look upon the plywood forest with all of the trees lined up parallel with the prevailing winds, the little panelings growing between the thicker plywoods, the little fluffy white polyesters growing low to the ground. It is truly unbelievable.

While I am on the protection of the Naugas, I believe, as many experts do, that the funfur should have a bounty put on its hide. The Nauga herd has only two natural enemies, man and the funfur. How many times have you seen the three corner tear in a Naugahide, which we all know is the mark of a funfur attack. The funfur, like all cats, sharpens its claws on trees; this can be seen many times on paneling as this is the favorite scratching wood.

Please join me in giving generously to save the Naugas and plywood forests of the world. Send your contribution to Save the Naugas, Inc., 4 x 8 Plywood Lane, Washington, D.C.
laff laff laff

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Thanks guys ... this brisket is sounding better and better. When I learn to cook I just might try one.

Tom, Joe & Kevlar ... I've never seen a Nauga neither. I've heard about 'em but I've never actually met one. Maybe someone can post a picture?

But if they're anywhere near as quick as Hidebehinds I doubt they've ever been photo'd.

You know about Hidebehinds ... those big, hairy ape like things you catch a glimpse of out of the corner of your eye in the dark woods but when you turn to look straight at 'em they always hide behind something. I think that's how they got their name. Sometimes you can hear 'em gaining on you when you're running flat out for the car ... but by then I'm usually out of the photograpy mood. :eek:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Mike, you have just described my second wife. I thought I was the only one to have the misfortune to have the experience of a sighting. Probably saw her on the 7am outhouse run.

There sure was enough of her to hide behind.

Good thing the sun wasn't up too high.

Steve.