Local Distributor (Chicago, IL)

GoldenMotor.com

uni_vision_tech1

Apr 10, 2010
Bolingbrook, IL
Hey all, after clicking on all the sponsor links and viewing some couple dozen search results from Google I have yet successfully found a distributor of 2-stroke engine kits locally near Chicago, IL. It seems that a large magnitude of distributors of these kits are in CA. The reason I'm looking for local is because shipping will be cheaper or heck, I can even pick up the parts myself. Not to mention if I need replacement pieces it won't be a long distance away. Anyone know of any distributors near or in Chicago, IL? Any info would be helpful, thank you :).

-Bart K. (Bolingbrook, IL)

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
The closest to you is MIKES MOTORBIKES in charlotte nc he has great shipping and service bar none. He is up and coming so if you like to route for the underdog this is him and he backs his parts 100% there is no website just yet. Parts ship through USPS shpping costs are as they appear on shipping package no over pricing on shipping!!!
his web address is [email protected] if you would like to contact him.....
I guarantee your parts will get to you faster through him.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
yes, Chicago needs a retailer. I have been meeting all kinds of people who want a MB, but no one has shown any $$$ or called me yet. I tell people that I can build them one all of the time. I tell them that I can get quality kits from certain vendors online, but ya really don't know what your getting until it's at your front door. We shall see how many people really want one I guess....

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
The closest to you is MIKES MOTORBIKES in charlotte nc he has great shipping and service bar none. He is up and coming so if you like to route for the underdog this is him and he backs his parts 100% there is no website just yet. Parts ship through USPS shpping costs are as they appear on shipping package no over pricing on shipping!!!
his web address is [email protected] if you would like to contact him.....
I guarantee your parts will get to you faster through him.

There's a lady that sells motors in Milwaukee, on her site she says $165 free shipping, but have no idea what kind of motor she's selling.

Custom Motored Bicycles - MOTOR KITS FOR SALE $165.00 premium kit 

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
yes, Chicago needs a retailer. I have been meeting all kinds of people who want a MB, but no one has shown any $$$ or called me yet. I tell people that I can build them one all of the time. I tell them that I can get quality kits from certain vendors online, but ya really don't know what your getting until it's at your front door. We shall see how many people really want one I guess....
I hear ya dude.I'm in Springfield and I get tons of people stopping me asking me if I would build them a bike and how much would it cost etc,no calls no show.It gets lonely when I'm the only motor biker here lol!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
20 bucks is not that bad for shipping, some offer free shipping. I would not pay that much for a kit even with free shipping.

uni_vision_tech1

Apr 10, 2010
Bolingbrook, IL
Yeah, 20 bucks ain't too bad. I just wish I could pick up a motor within a reasonable distance so if it didn't fit properly on my bike I could easily return it... without losing $40 in the process heh :p

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
measure twice, cut once....
i know saw a template floating around on here somewhere.

bottom line is, when you get the motor more than likely something isnt going to fit. then you finagle it into place and have some fun. If you dont like to tinker these motors are not for you.