spark plug problem

GoldenMotor.com

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
i can't seem to get my cdi cable to "click" onto my spark plug? In other words it just sits loosely over it and doesn't actually attach. What do i do?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you've changed the plug from the kit supplied item you'll notice that the new plug has a larger diameter top than the one that came with your engine. That cap will unscrew and then the plug boot will snap on. Check your spark plug. The kit plug boot is made to fit a plug with some threads on the top. It will not fit a standard plug with the cap.
My advice is to get rid of the plastic plug boot and replace it with a good quality automotive grade item. In case you haven't noticed yet; the plug wire screws into the plug boot as well as the CDI.
Tom

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
No i havent changed the spark plug. its the same exact one that came already attached to the head. i have tried very hard to put it on but it wont fully attach? Anyone else help?

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
bush down on the boot and give it a twisting rocking motion, itll ride over the threaded end and youll feel it engage the plug tip. I highly recomend you toss tbrnothe stock plug and boot and get a wire and ngk plug from sick bike parts. iit wont break like a stock boot and the plugs are nice. also it will allow the use of a wireless bike computer with no radio interference.

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
wait unscrew it from the engine? or just off of the spark plug. i tried so hard to put the boot on that it cracked the plastic part of the boot... what do i do??