Front mounted minimoto engine

GoldenMotor.com

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
dance1This is a bike me and my son built using a 49cc minimoto engine with a 5 to 1 reduction gearbox, ten tooth sprocket output to a 48 sprocket at wheel. It's got quite a bit of torque to climb hills on this island, tested it yesterday on a 16 mile round trip and it rocks.

Attachments

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
dance1This is a bike me and my son built using a 49cc minimoto engine with a 5 to 1 reduction gearbox, ten tooth sprocket output to a 48 sprocket at wheel. It's got quite a bit of torque to climb hills on this island, tested it yesterday on a 16 mile round trip and it rocks.
These are the rest of the pictures.

Attachments

lds

Mar 26, 2010
north KY
Fantastic!

I can use that same setup for my friction drive with tension springs in place of the front brackets and a clutch lever to lift the motor.

Great pics too. good construction detail.

Thanks !

How are thing in Malta anyway?

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
Fantastic!

I can use that same setup for my friction drive with tension springs in place of the front brackets and a clutch lever to lift the motor.

Great pics too. good construction detail.

Thanks !

How are thing in Malta anyway?
Good weather all year round in Malta =lots of riding!!!!!!!! bad roads and lots of hills makes it hard to get the right setup regarding gearing the bike. as for mounting your friction drive up front,make sure all is secure,because anything that comes loose = Big Headache!!!

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
I like your set up. how is the steering affected by the extra weight up front.
I'd like to biuld somthing similar.
Steering is not affected while driving if engine is well balanced, only drawback is when parking the bike....front fork has its own mind in which position it wants to stay..

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
thats a great setup , i seen a lot of people ask about a front mounted motor , and i love how you did it with the chain drive , ( nice job )
Thanks Diceman,the only problem is getting hold of the 5 to 1 reduction gearbox. i got this off a guy who fixes minmotos/quads.. but he couldn't tell me what it came out off, as he found it in a job lot of broken bikes he bought. i have been searching the net ,trying to find someone who supplies them for quite some time ,but no such luck..!!

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
i forgot to give you the part# part07902 cvt transmission
It might work with a different setup,but just a simple 5 to 1 reduction gearbox like the one i've got,which so far have proved to be reliable, makes things easier to work on. Thanks for trying to help out,all info is appreciated

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
Hi ! all

any1 else having this kind of construction and motor in use ?

im asking ,as based on this topic im doing the same fittment with same motor exept different exhaust and no reduction gearbox on mine..

would be handy to swop some info with some1 else whos maybe having simular setup on engine fittment.

im also intrested to know dimensions from the big washer that holds sprocket on rim hub, as i havent found them from ebay and here in finland motorized bicycles dont basically exsist so im lonely here to seek info "locally".

i have used extended search button function and googled multiple hours.. if some1 knows existing topic with info about mentioned "washer" from sprocket to hub fittment, please let me know where to go and read.

for my motor fittment im doing some upgrades on materials compered to this topic and locating it into rear (not front)

bye:)
markus
ps. havent asked permission to "Hijack" this topic but this is a gd opportunity to me as this topic contains very good sample photos.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
just make the sure the fork does not break from the frame, and is strong enough to handle the torque and the stress. I've seen my friend broke a fork, and it was'nt even motorized. Ride safe always...

Cheers... :)

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
very good your bike. I made this same assembly with mini bike engine mounted in the back, devour mountains, it turns out
YouTube - MOTOR BIKE

YouTube - MOTOR BIKE

xct2