New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Looking really good! I like the disc muffler. It reminds me of the ones that are used on the old hit-n-miss "Johnny Poppers". I hope it does not direct the exhaust gasses in an unwanted direction though.
The drive looks sound enough. Will the final drive be supported by 2 bearings or just one? It looks like there is only one right now. If that is prying to far into the "secret formula" portion of what you want to share, I understand. Do not share more that you are comfortable sharing.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks furament,

Just have to wait for Dan and I to work any bugs out. It will continue to have a clear cover, if that's what you mean. Also gonna maybe have aluminum rear pulley if it doesn't shoot the price up.

gearnut,

No secrets really. It has 2 bearings on the reduction shaft, one between the pulley and drive sprocket, and the other in the cover. That's the FireBelly "FlapJack" exhaust and it won't fit in the bike the way it is in the pics but tomorrow you'll see the whole base kit built up in all of it's glory (imho)! Really, No Secrets!

Just got my protobike built and bench tested today and will have fotos tomorrow. All preliminaries are good! Idles nicely just below clutch engagement, drive and motor are quiet.

Pics Tomorrow!

Evan FBC

dnut

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
The motor in the pic is a 2.5hp 98cc Lifan motor sold under the name "Power Pro". The 2.5 hp 79cc Lifan motor sold by Harbor Freight under the "Greyhound" moniker is the other that we speak of.

These motors are known to be of the highest quality available. They're very affordable and accessable to most everyone.

Thanks, Evan
They are good motors. I am running two of them. One has over 11,000 miles. Very dependable too.....never let me down yet.

Denny

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Glack,

FireBelly have a promotional video shoot coming up late this or early next mo. I'll try to get a basic ops vid out shortly.

The exhaust is spitting crate oil everywhere and the gearing is a little tall both easy fixes.

Bad news out o' the way.

What an exhilerating ride! 1st ride is a total success. So Quiet! Motor and transmission are very inobtrusive w/ a nice exhaust note. Way more quiet than the Honda and clone.

The set up you see here is essentially what Dan and I have invisioned being the base model kit. It utilizes the gas tank from the motor to save $ and allows those waxing creative to utilize the tank of their choice w/o paying for two.

Of coarse in addition to the transmission it will include Signature FBC GasPunk Components such as the FlapJack Tuneable Exhaust w/ flex pipe, VeloThroat Air Filter/Velocity Stack, FB Engine Mount, and the (un)usual periferies e.g. NGK Plug and Cap, upgraded throttle and grips. In another attempt to keep price down the drive chain and rag joint sprocket are likely to be the only "Chinese Kit" shared components. Since this motor sits high up in the frame chain tensioners will usually be optional. As testing goes on and we have a better idea of what the #'s look like we'll be more exact on what kits come w/ what!

If your not going to use it you shouldn't have to pay for it and it will not be wasted that way!

Stay Well, Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Glack,

This design will not work w/ the Honda and clone w/o a huge rear pulley or sprocket, or both just really big.

We talk of making a 2 speed auto for the Honda and clone. If this, most simple design proves smooth outa the box, we'll start that project shortly. A bit of a one at a time sorta thing so as not to take on too much! Short answer is it's in the works!

Evan FBC

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Just wondering if that engine would fit on a schwinn jaguar frame. Or if I need a specific bike for that big puppy. The other problem, is in MN you can't go over 49cc without licence, insurance, ect.

Last edited:

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
that just looks good i w.a.n.t i w.a.n.t i w.a.n.t but you right thats a big motor and it does sit realy high in the frame. meh more peadal clearence. another thought as if i dident have enough shiftable?

Last edited:

beerbattered

Jan 1, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Let me start out with saying how impressed I am with this concept and that I think with the right planing, it could start a whole new niche in the MB world. I want to test the HF motor in its virgin form to get a baseline established. I have a monstrous 80's Jamis Boss that I believe will fit the whole motor with the tank, muffler, air box still on the motor. My first question is will the transmission clear the original muffler and tank? Second, will you sell to me just the tranny and one of those (F'n sweet) motor mounts? After I get numbers and a feel on how the motor runs stock and I like it, I'll buy a whole kit or two from you.
.cs..wee.

Last edited: