Bike wont Start.

GoldenMotor.com

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
I went for a ride with my 80cc bike to the store to buy a few things. the bike sounded just fine and was no problem on the way to the store. but when i got out from the store i jump on, and pull the clutch and start pedaling. when i got enough speed i release the cluch... nothing happens, so i thought i needed more speeded but when i try again it still wont start. when i parked it i took of the spark plug from a hot engine and i just read on this forum that i should do that. so i dont know if that is the reason. and when i released the cluch when i was going pretty fast while trying to start it, the clutch sounds like when i pull the clutc handle in it is 100% engaged but when i release it and the pin on the engine goes out it sound like it is like 50% engaged. because it is very easy to push the bike even with the clucht not engaged, but it wasnt like that before.

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
hold the plug with the wire attached up to the head while rolling the bike along at a decent speed you should see the spark on the end of the plug

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Are you sure that the engine is turning properly? You won't have spark if it's not.

From your description, it sounds like the clutch is slipping.

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
I agree with Joe, sounds as if you stretched your cable, you should not be able to push your bike along easy with the clutch out. Take the right side panel off and give it an adjustment. Also when pulling your cap off could have loosened the wire to the coil or cap give it a twist both ends, either one of these should fix your problem.
Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A stretched cable will result in a clutch that won't dis-engage. It won't make the clutch slip.

If you suspect your clutch is slipping, remove the right side cover, and clean the clutch pads with brake cleaner.

If that doesn't help, you will need to adjust the tension of the clutch, which is not done with the flower nut behind the right cover.

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
Gotta say your right, it is easier to do then try to write about it, hats off to you Joe, I got my words crossed. i think you are bang on.
Give that a try.
thanks

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
i got my bike running today, but i got a problem wich i`ve had since i installed the motor, i get it going. and it wont give speed the 1st time i start it, if i lose my speed the motor stops, and if i twist the handle to get more speed the motor get more rpm. but the chain wont go around. so i have to pedal around and make sure it wont stop, and suddently the motor "starts" and i can drive around:).

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
Well, i think i now why the motor wont start and drive.. because it is so cold out here.. when i tried it last time it was like 0-2 degrees celcius. but when i got my motor it was like 10 degrees celcius out here and then it startet just fine and i could drive it around. so anyone know if that is the problem or is there something else wrong.