LOCTITE Form-a-thread

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It works pretty well.

Among other things, I used it to repair threads in my '72 Sporty's primary tensioner. Never had a problem after that.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have never used a helicoil, so I am unqualified to answer. All I can say is it held the tensioner for the primary chain on my Sportster, and that is a testimony to the loc-tite.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
The rep from loctite was at a meeting the other day and showed me how to fix a head bolt on a briggs motor.I told him about the trouble with the ht motors and he said it was a strong fix for it.He said not to use it on big blocks or head bolts on v8 motors.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I've used a helicoil on a stripped spark plug socket on an aluliminum head which worked great. I'd imagine that would be extreme on these smaller bolts.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think it would work well for the cylinder studs. Maybe good for the mount studs, but I would have to try it to say yes fo'sho'.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I heard about this. But I used a heli coil because it was a spark plug in my car ... I didn't think loctite would be good for that. haha

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
heli coils need atleas an extr mm of surface space so you cant use them in all circumstances. but I swear by them. esp since harbor freight has a metric master kit 4mm thru 12 most common pitch like 6 1.0 8 1.25 etc 59 buks just a 12mm kit i baught was 80 so do the math

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I think it would work well for the cylinder studs. Maybe good for the mount studs, but I would have to try it to say yes fo'sho'.
u cant use heli coils in the frt mount studs of a powerking because of the large mount no extra material to drill out bigger to fit coil