Obviously I'm Stupid

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
The material I got would be fine for any surface on a motor and I was thinking the same thing already mentioned that the mating surfaces of your manifold are probably good enough no gaskit is needed.

I'm not going to take any chances and go ahead and get some gasket stuff....way I figure it is to go on and spend $3.00 now than have to spend $100 down the road after burning up an engine.....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I think it would be great if your bike started doing wheelies for ya after the upgrade. Just last night I spent about 2 hours making some improvements and a little experimenting and got a whole 1/2 mph top end.cflg

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I think it would be great if your bike started doing wheelies for ya after the upgrade. Just last night I spent about 2 hours making some improvements and a little experimenting and got a whole 1/2 mph top end.cflg

you are SO going to get tickets now !.....LOL !

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I looked at mine and whadayaknow no gasket either...mines a grubee 48cc. I just put some black rtv on it just for grins I had a little left.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Im looking into getting gasket material and making my own gaskets too. Should I buy Gasket sealer with the gasket material? Do i need it? Lemme know pleeeeeease

Much thanks

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
IF you use a quality gasket material and IF you face the surfaces (smooth and level) there's no need at all for the goopy gasket cheat...

I hate the sloppy stuff TBH, but there is two big "ifs" in the above sentence lol If it answers yer question any better, I don't have a drop of instagasket anywhere on my bike ;)

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Any rubber, paper or cork gasket a thin layer of the right silicone gasket sealer doesnt hurt. It will hold the gasket in place plus helps with a good seal. By thin layer I mean to almost just smear it on but just a lil thicker. With a rubber gasket you want to waite to install the part till the silicone gets tacky or the rubber gasket can have a tendency to slip out or squeeze out.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Thats very true bandito - but whadda thinkin'? Actually using the stuff the way yer supposed to? o_O

Wow - yer crazy man... crazy :p

I developed my hatred of the stuff as a result of cleanin' up after other people that thought "more = better" ug...

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Yes I do noticre a difference...there's some black goo around the edge of the intake pipe now LOL. It is however running smoother after changing from a paper fuel filter to a screen filter. I guess the oil being 16:1 ratio was too thick in cooler weather.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Yes I do noticre a difference...there's some black goo around the edge of the intake pipe now LOL. It is however running smoother after changing from a paper fuel filter to a screen filter. I guess the oil being 16:1 ratio was too thick in cooler weather.

Actually George the only time you want to use a 16:1 ratio is at the initial break-in period.....after that 32:1 and with a synthetic oil you can go up to 50:1......I've been running mine at 40:1 with Pennzoil 2stroke and it's been working great......hope this helps...

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I guess im gonna get it just to be safe cuz I dont want any leaks. Im not to worried about cleaning the stuff up either. Is there a particular gasket size/material I need to look for when I buy this stuff?