Pics of my old schwinn traveler 111

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I bought this bike 5 years ago and it looked like it came off the show room floor,it was flawless....It got all the scratches from laying a pile with other bikes and parts....I road it a few times and put it in the back yard....now it is rusting and the paint has faided....It is a japan made schwinn....Good for a engine kit????
John-John

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I bought this bike 5 years ago and it looked like it came off the show room floor,it was flawless....It got all the scratches from laying a pile with other bikes and parts....I road it a few times and put it in the back yard....now it is rusting and the paint has faided....It is a japan made schwinn....Good for a engine kit????
John-John

I think a motor would fit just fine on it but the tires/rims should go.....way too thin....will feel like riding down a railroad bed....a better seat and bars and tires/rims should make that a perfectly great bike....

Laters,
Salty.shft

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I think a motor would fit just fine on it but the tires/rims should go.....way too thin....will feel like riding down a railroad bed....a better seat and bars and tires/rims should make that a perfectly great bike....

Laters,
Salty.shft
I was thinking the same thing about the ride and im not willing to put the money into it for upgrade parts....

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Well there ya have it I guess.....there are so many bikes out there that make much more better builds for less money....

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Try ebay or craigslist to get an idea. Schwinn is a good name, thats an old school road bike so Id just look and see. Its amazing what old bikes are worth. When 1 pops up here on craigslist in denver it doesnt stay on there long, someones buying them.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sorry to break it to ya, but the only Schwinns that are worth anything are the Sting Rays & the cruisers. Eveyone lists Schwinns like yours for a lot of $$$ because they think "it's a Schwinn, it's gotta be worth a lot"... but they really don't sell for that much.

Also, did anyone bid that much for the bike on ebay? or is it sitting there with zero bids?

Last edited: