huffy cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Those whatchamacallits are called dropouts.

I would tighten the nuts just a little more, you don't want that whole works coming loose on you....it holds up half the bike.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
How straight is your sprocket? I've never had the rear axle move on mine and I have the support for my rear rack between the nuts and the frame.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
my sprocket is true maybe your rack is helping, i do have this rodded just a bit punched out muffler and rejetted for altitude and for rmeloy the brakes suck but i live in a town without paved streets so the gravel can sneak up on ya much better on pavement, the main drag is paved. but still the brakes leave a lot to be desired at 25+ mph, later frank

glenz

Jul 23, 2009
montana
yes, the rear sprocket was a little challenge. not too bad tho'-i had to open the hole dia. up with a dremel tool, also,i had to squeeze the rear fender with a wood clamp to clear the chain-not too much sacrifice tho' considering the bike only cost 86.00. i've got a gal that wants me to put a kit on a new 2000.00 custom bike from italy! i strongly advised against it, but she wants to do it! no, i'll do another cranbrook tho'-it looks good,its cheap,and it rides really nice-not bad for a total investment of 230.00! have fun!!! p.s.-i also added a front brake,if you don't i think you'll burn up the little coaster brake shoes real quick!

Last edited: