Does anyone else...

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Watch their parts travel across the country by checking out the tracking info a couple of times a day?

Or am I the only impatient one? :D

:edit:
Dammit! Why has my seat been sitting in Maumee, OH for the past 6 hours? Come on UPS get moving!!! laff

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I would NEVER!!1!

Well mebbe...

K - so I too stalk UPS/FedEx :rolleyes:

WHERE ARE MY NEW TIRES :D

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I see parts not moving I immediately picture a trucker, sleeping at a truckstop, flirting with the little blond waitress at the restaurant and BSing with the fuel guy, all while my parts are languishing in his trailer. I imagine him stopping off in Russell Kansas to visit an old high school friend and deciding to spend the night when he could have driven straight through to Denver...just me, I guess. Yeah, I stay logged on to UPS tracking for days at a time. The longer it takes, the more creative my imagination becomes about why its taking so long. Guess it doesn't help that I have a friend who drives for FedEx.
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
What's fun is when you see your parts arrive at the hub outside of Chicago on a Tuesday morning and sit there until Thursday around 11pm for some unknown reason. Probably being used as a doorstop or something.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I ordered some parts from Daxs in Colorado. The UPS package stayed in
Colorado for a long time. I was beginning to wonder if they got the wrong
address. The same day I order the plastic float from Daxs because I forgot
that I needed that part with my original order. The plastic float arrived by US
mail service 3 days before UPS.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I ordered some parts from Daxs in Colorado. The UPS package stayed in
Colorado for a long time. I was beginning to wonder if they got the wrong
address. The same day I order the plastic float from Daxs because I forgot
that I needed that part with my original order. The plastic float arrived by US
mail service 3 days before UPS.
I had a Fed Ex. package take 5 days to travel from Colorado to California.
I thought that was a bit excessive.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I was tracking some aircraft parts being sent to our airstrip in another city.They went right by the strip in clevland ms. and ended up in clevland ohio.Passed within 1/2 mile of me and took 2 weeks to find them.HD

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
A few years ago a friend had about the same thing happen to him except his package went from St. Louis to somewhere in Oregon then disappeared off the system. If I remember right it ended up taking over two weeks to get the package.

What wound up being the problem was it was a hand addressed package but the person at the UPS counter entered the information for the label incorrectly.

When he first saw the package going west he called UPS and all they could tell him was the package was in transit and scheduled to be delivered on time.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
UPS?

Well, there's your problem.

Cool commercials, great drivers, horrible package handling skills, not-so-great customer service.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i just checked mine.

JACKSONVILLE, FL, US 09/26/2009 9:22 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/26/2009 3:36 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LAUDERHILL, FL, US 09/25/2009 7:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

yesterday my parts were scheduled to arrive in california on the 5th.

just now, it's saying the 2nd.

GO BROWN TRUCK! GO!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Got this right from a UPS employee, box your items as though they were going to be dropped from 5 feet because they will be.

We use a vendor at work that really goes overboard on the packaging. Got in an order once, a 2'x2' box full of those plastic air bags, inside was a package wrapped in adhesive bubble wrap all protecting a paper bag containing 10 RUBBER toilet flapper valves! laff

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've got a buddy who works at UPS, and every year they hire people for a coupla weeks just for the christmas rush. so a bunch of years ago, he got me on that gig. i never knew you could play basketball, football, hockey, bowlin, heck, even horseshoes with cardboard boxes. there was also the game called "this is heavy, i bet you can't throw this up there."

funny thing is, out of the half-ton of packages i got from UPS, nothing was ever damaged. the only real problem i had was when the driver would leave my skateboards with the tweeker neighbor, and when i got the box it would be opened, with stuff missing...

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Robin , Is your healthcare programs in Canada as much an issue as it is in the U.S. Seems to be a hot topic in the U.S. that we need universal health care . Just wanted to here some info from a northern neighbor .
Do the people needing treatment have to wait for extended periods of time to get a surgery or a diagnosis of an ailment . thanks...........John

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Robin , Is your healthcare programs in Canada as much an issue as it is in the U.S. Seems to be a hot topic in the U.S. that we need universal health care . Just wanted to here some info from a northern neighbor .
Do the people needing treatment have to wait for extended periods of time to get a surgery or a diagnosis of an ailment . thanks...........John
Health care is disintegrating here daily-less money is being allocated for it and there is long waiting lists for surgeries-sometimes 18 months-our provincial government has overspent its budget on the upcoming winter olympics-they are trying to get the homeless out of Vancouver to make it look good-either by busing them out to other cities or building shelters .this cost lots and most dont want the new shelters because there is no storage and no pets.
Sanitation,meals and care has greatly gone downhill and so has doctors wages.