Orange Crush Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I have yet to post any pics of my ride, finished it about 1.5 months ago, and today just hit 300 miles. Running strong. You guys all were the ones who helped me get it going, and boy was it a lot of work to get it going, crazy first 2 weeks with it. Had to redo all the mounts, re thread all the engine block mounting holes. And a lot of work on the bike itself.

Since the pic, I have gone back to the stock intake header, if you view my thread on homemade reed valve, I am proly going to shorten jims intake to use with my reed valve mod. Well see, just started it yesterday. Currently working on machining the bracket to mount it. Busy at work though.

I have also added a break light from zoombicycles, the one that lights up when you pull the break lever. Had to modify the mount to place it on my rear rack. I recommend it, it has worked great. Has a switch that will light it up if riding at night, and still gets brighter when you pull the break, like a car tail light, also has turn indicators.

Well, what do you all think of my MB

Attachments

Last edited:

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Re: Orange Crush MB

Hey fair, were you riding through campus a week or so ago? I saw 2 guys riding, one on a bike that looked like yours and another on a really small i think pocket bike, like ridiculously small.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Yes, that was us... it was me my friend Alex and Finfan. That was the day we were giving Happy a tour of the Old Pueblo.

We saw the guy on the pocket bike on 4th ave. I tried to get a pic of him but did not get my camera out fast enough.

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ

Ha ha, I was walking and trying to wave you guys down. I had just walked onto the mall from cherry, going against the way you guys were about 50 or so feet from the stop sign on cherry. I work in the building just behind flandru science center and ride through campus pretty much every day.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Wish I would have saw you, we should get together for a ride soon.

Be careful with those U of A cops, they do not like Motorized Bicycles. I ride around there a lot.

Last edited:

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ

Ya, I usually stay off the mall, but I love walking up and down the mall, during the fall semester, man, got to love the summer heat and the ladies.

I cant understand why those uapd are such jerks about it considering people ride those golf carts all over campus and I think they go to high of speeds.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

The guy on the pocket bike had no plate or tags as well, I have had trouble with the U of A cops ever since I went to Mansfield Jr. High across from the stadium.

I was stopped by them about 4-5 months ago on a pedal bike. They said I looked suspicious, they ran my bike to see if it was stolen and did a body search on me. Which I believe was illegal
but that never stopped them from doing it in the past before.

They let me go about 20 minutes later and told me they never wanted to see me on campus again??? Don't know why?

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ

Wow man that's so lame. You should have put in a complaint, they have stopped me a few times as well, must be the way we look I guess. They only ask if I have been drinking and don't seem to care about anything else. I guess they think I'm always drinking.

They must enjoy harassing us. The last time I was stopped I put in a complaint. Took the badge number and officers name, and went to the office, reported that I have been stopped 3 times before on my way home and how its such an inconvenience.

I have been stopped 4 time by em, I biked (peddled) all last year. A grudge against all us bikers

Got to love the tailgating though

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA

FR:
That sounds like a "RWH" (riding while hispanic) stop to me! It seems like the campus cops are trying to overcompensate for something. Maybe their badges aren't as big as the city cops!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

FR:
That sounds like a "RWH" (riding while hispanic) stop to me! It seems like the campus cops are trying to overcompensate for something. Maybe their badges aren't as big as the city cops!
You know I did type that but decided not to say anything lol. I know, and you know Fin, it's just the way it is around here.

Well I am off to Chandler to Livefast to pick some parts up.