Project: Board Faker

GoldenMotor.com

djdugga

Jun 25, 2009
Roy, Ut
I'm working on turning this old ROSS mtb into a motorized Board Track faker....... So far I have added some handle bars from my kids small cruiser, a spring seat from a 1977 women's peugeot cruiser, and a bontrager superstock fron wheel. I wanted to use the from for the weight savings and for the fact it is a 24 speed..nice for when mechanical issues attempt to keep me in the pits. Motor is coming very soon. Still have to paint the frame and add some cool tires. Tell me what you think so far!

deth cycle.jpg

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
So far so good. Looks like you already have a layback seatpost.
I've never built a boardie, but I have this old fire extinguisher I could
use for a fuel tank if I decided to.

djdugga

Jun 25, 2009
Roy, Ut
Fire extinguisher is a good idea. I'm going to be cutting the top and bottom to change some angles so it looks more like a boardie..

djdugga

Jun 25, 2009
Roy, Ut
Re: Project: Board Faker update!

Put some white walls on and gave her a paint job... my motor is on its way. Ordered a zoom slant-head in black.

P1010034.JPG

P1010035.JPG

Last edited:

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Really nice bike. Nice and clean installation.

I´m sure it´ll ride just fine.

Congrats !!!

See You in the Road !!!

djdugga

Jun 25, 2009
Roy, Ut
took it out for a spin-break-in today and yesterday...Ran great! got about 60 miles to the first tank and 66 on the second. After break-in had it 3/4 throttle doing 33 on my buddies radar gun. I broke it in on INTEX 16 to 1 and am now running Maxima caster-oil blend synthetic at 20 to 1.

djdugga

Jun 25, 2009
Roy, Ut
I tried to ride to work yesterday and lost that stupid master-link. I ended up heading back home and loading up the bike in my car. Turns out my tensioner slipped and pushed the chain into the tire causing the clip to catch on the white walls. I went ahead and pinned the chain for good measure. I'm going to try to ride to work today again so wish me luck! Has anyone used a kmc 415h? if so how do they work out on a motorized bike?

p.s. I'm not a noob to master links or anything, when i was an avid bmx rider, I pulled the master link outta all my chains. They like to break on sprocket grinds.

sajoe

Jun 3, 2009
San Antonio TX
Haven't tried a KMC but I did get a 415 chain from Tractor Supply and it works great. 10 feet of chain was 16.99 and a bag of 4 master links was 4.99. The quality is so much better.

sajoe

Jun 3, 2009
San Antonio TX
PS

Looks like if you make the chain the right length you can get rid of the tensioner. You will be much happier without it.