synthetic 2-stroke oil.

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
So I was skeptical at how much difference it would actually make... I took a bottle of gas mixed with synthetic for a ride with me (36:1), and rode till I ran out of gas (gas with "universal" 2-stroke oil). And OH BOY does synthetic make a difference. I can run higher revvs (and since I have good mounts it doesn't vibrate me teeth out :D), and I have more power all over. Plus, it is probably extending the life of my engine. (or at least keeping it the same due to extra beating on it....) xct2

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
The Lubetec syn oil i have been using says you can mix as thin as 100-1...i have been going at 50-1 and the plug looks perfect.
The 1 time i ran out of fuel i borrowed some from a guy mowing his grass with a Lawnboy and the ride home was noticeably poorer.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I wouldn't go that thin... Running lean on oil isn't going to change the colour of the plug. It is running a lean fuel to air mix. Run 40:1 at the thinest or you are asking for trouble.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I wouldn't go that thin... Running lean on oil isn't going to change the colour of the plug. It is running a lean fuel to air mix. Run 40:1 at the thinest or you are asking for trouble.
Not with Saber and some other oils. Plenty of folks go 50:1 with no issues. It really, again, depends on the oil.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Not with Saber and some other oils. Plenty of folks go 50:1 with no issues. It really, again, depends on the oil.
Really? I didn't know that. I figured going thinner than 40:1 was bad... what about amsoil? As I said, I'm running 36:1, but how thin is it safe to go?

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll switch higher with my next jug of gas. I still have about a gallon or so in my gas jug.

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
We have interceptor here at canadian tire.
But google search turns up Walmart,pep boys, kmart, checker, autozone, target,cycle gear, Yamaha, honda, suzuki or Kawi shop.
I'd search the area for whats close and do a little phoning around or check their sites, find a sku and see if they have stock.
Not really sure what the difference between sabre and interceptor is though.

Scratch that, heres a chart.
Amsoil Two Cycle Synthetic Injection and Pre-mix Oils
http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/Specsheets/synthetic_2_cycle_oil_selection.pdf

Last edited: