BIke has no power and feels like its stalling!!

GoldenMotor.com

R321_g0

Dec 21, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Hi everyone

Well couple of days i got a new CNS carbi on my bike and i went for a test run and well it goes fast very fast so i went for a couple long rides and then one time wen i got my out to ride agen it seem to start fine b ut wudnt accelerate very fast i thought it was the carbi but it isnt and then it progressively got worse and now it feels like it cant pull anything and kinda feels like its stallling, but it kinda goes but only at like 20kmh on a slight downhill. I have also looked for clutch slipage no clutch slilpage. And while i had the clutch cover/casing off i had a look at the seal or wutever it is behind the small cog beside the big cog conneced to the clutch, from wut i see i think its come loose or broken and looks like its rubber, i was wondering if this was my problem?

Thanks
Rezzi:-||

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
i had the same problem with my CNS it worked great for a while but then lost alot of performance. easy thing to do is reinstall the stock carb and see if your performance comes back mine did. If it does not come back then look further.

R321_g0

Dec 21, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Um nah i dnt think its the carbi i thinks the seal coz it feels like air is coming out of the cog area near the smaller cog and the seal looks like its not in place to flush. I will try the stock carb agen tho.

Rezzi

R321_g0

Dec 21, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Oh and how do i take the small cog out, it looks like i need a massive flathead screwdriver but the engine will move wen i twist the screwdriver

Thanks Rezzi

Shika_Usstan

Apr 25, 2009
Wyoming
Does your small cog turn but not cause the piston to pump? My bike is having a strange problem where the small cog will turn but the piston won't pump and the magneto (or whatever its called) on the opposite side of the motor doesn't turn.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
R321,
What you're describing sounds like a crankshaft seal. If it has in fact come apart that is your problem. If the crank shaft seal is defective the engine will pull in air through it and cause the conditions you're describing which is an extremely lean burn. I'm not sure if this will work on the right side, the clutch side, but you might try sealing the clutch cover with a good silicone gasket sealer. This is only a temporary fix but will let you know if the crankshaft seal is the culprit here. I had one let go on the magneto side and was able to get quite a few good miles by sealing the magneto cover and the opening where the wires exit the engine case. You can also try the tried and tru method of spraying some carb cleaner around the clutch cover. If the seal is leaking the engine will respond with an increase in RPMs. Sorry to tell you this but I've not found a source for replacement crankshaft seals. Maybe someone here has had some luck replacing them and will chime in. I had to replace the engine, which fortunately was in warranty and the seller sent me a new one. Good luck. Let us know what you find.
Tom