Anyone in Winnipeg motorized bicycle want to make a few bucks

GoldenMotor.com

Hemphire

Jul 28, 2008
Hey guys. As I told my wife I am not very mechanically inclined. If there is someone in town here that would like to make $100 and get this working for me let me know. :)
The engine I have is a 2 stroke. I have it all installed but the chain keeps falling off before it will even turn over. As hard as a try I just cannot get the sprocket centered properly so I'm getting quite abit of wobble from it so I'm sure thats why.

BlueCollarBike

Aug 14, 2008
Re: Anyone in Winnipeg MB want to make a few bucks

Hey guys. As I told my wife I am not very mechanically inclined. If there is someone in town here that would like to make $100 and get this working for me let me know. :)
The engine I have is a 2 stroke. I have it all installed but the chain keeps falling off before it will even turn over. As hard as a try I just cannot get the sprocket centered properly so I'm getting quite abit of wobble from it so I'm sure thats why.
First
Turn off Fuel Valve.

Flip bicycle Upside down ( resting on seat and handle bars ).
Take chain off of rear drive sprocket.
Spin rear wheel Look to see if the drive sprocket is wobbling at all.
If wobble is noticeable ,
Loosen all Rear drive sprocket bolts 2 and a half turns.
Next spin rear tire and with chalk in one hand slowly bring hand in to mark drive sprocket with chalk
( on the top right below the Chain teeth).
Your chalk will hit at the High spot on the drive sprocket first.
Next.
Look for the high spot on the sprocket and retighten the bolts.
NOTE
tighten the Bolts closer to the high spot more then the bolts further away from it.
Re spin the wheel and repeat until the wobble goes away.
If you try this many time with no success.
MAKE sure your Drive sprocket is mounted on the Rear tire hub correctly.
If you still find every thing is correct .

Take a Hammer and block of wood and wack the drive sprocket on the High spot chalk mark.

Sounds barbaric But works.
if you still have Problems Give Me a call.

I know you did no buy the kit from Us but i don't mind helping.

Cheers :)

Bob

BlueCollarBike

860-673-6457

Hemphire

Jul 28, 2008

Awesome, Thanks for the help Bob. I'll give it a try when I get home from work.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com

there are two ways a sprocket can be "out"...on it's axis (forward and backward) and laterally (side to side).
I've noticed more than a few sprockets are actually warped...meaning: if you took it off and layed it on a perfectly flat surface, you'll see a high side where the teeth arent touching the flat surface, but they do touch on the opposite side.
(these cheap-o things are not machined...they're STAMPED out.)
i use a coarse file, and file the sharp edges off the sides of the teeth. then i do just like Bob says, and make sure that my chain tensioner is where it needs to be.

Last edited: