A little help for a newbie please?

GoldenMotor.com

Hollow dante

Apr 17, 2014
Concord California
So i recently purchased a kit and installed it without issue.I have moderate experience with 2 strokes as i was building raceing scooters before.So heres the problem.I got a nt speed carb with my kit and for the first week everything was good but about a day ago i was riding home and the engine whent nuts and backfired once then sped up ALOT and i couldnt slow down so i kill the engine come to a stop and check out the motor instantly i notice the top of the carb came off and i had slid partially off the intake so i took it off and checked it to find that the carbs cap was Stripped and the metal was soft.So soft i could bend it barehanded.So i used threadlock as a temporary fix and tried putting the carb back on the intake and realized that it wouldnt grip no matter how tight i made it.I used electrical tape as a spacer and put it on and used a little threadlock just in case and it got me home.Now after building countless scooters i have never seen such a poor quality carb.And i know it will give up any day now.But im stuck with it untill i sell another scooter or find a better day job as im barely scraping by.I just wanted to know if anyone has a carb lieing around that they dont need.I would be very grateful as iv already checked but all my scooter carbs are ethere 33cc or 26cc.Also if anyone knows a reliable vendor that ships to California as i want to start selling kits.
:-||

Hollow dante

Apr 17, 2014
Concord California
Also i got my kit from motovelo and after some research i realized how big of a mistake it was so i checked the engine and its a pretty nice quality thankfully and runs great but i had to get a thicker chain and new throttle as the originals felt cheap and left black smears on my hand.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Speed carbs can be a good carb, as with all this ht stuff some things are just crap, don't right off the speed carb, I'd just get another one and hope for better quality this time.