Huffy Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Yeah andy, awesome bike... hard to believe it started as a cranbrook... seeing all the pics in this thread are helping me decide on a cranny for my 1st build!
For the price of the bike ($84 online), I don't think you can start with a better bike. I wanted the frame and handlebars to be black so that's why I used the Cranbrook Fashion Cruiser. IF I wanted chrome, I could have easily used the Cranbrook that is already in Walmart stores. Same bike, I just didn't have to paint the frame and handlebars.

For the springer, I left the tube the stock length and installed a 1-inch copper coupling between the upper bearing and the stem nut. The handlebar stem goes all the way down past the upper bearing and the tube is one piece so it's still quite strong. I was hesitant to cut the tube down but, the threads were there if I would have chose to do so. I just painted the copper coupling black and you can't really see it.

Attachments

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
You guys are talking about special motormounts for the Cranbrook... is it not just a standard beach cruiser? does it require more than just an oversized frame u-bolt adapter piece?.... I'm thinking about suggesting it to people... I mean, who doesn't want a Huffy?... wish i would have gotten one

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
All you really need is a larger clamp, I used a muffler clamp with a steel plate. I've seen some brackets that used a steel plate like mine and others that used more of a C-channel type of bracket. I think it all depends on where you mount the engine. I kept mine low so it only needed a plate and it works fine.

The only issue I had with my Cranbrook was the factory chain guard's rear mount snapped off of the frame. I just used a tube clamp around the rear stay and it holds it fine.

Granted, you won't get the nice, heavy-duty wheels and the tires aren't the highest quality but, it's been working fine for me. I'll get the tires that I want when these wear down. Still a great starter bike, just be careful of the fenders from the factory.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
3 more days and i get a cranny i hope tcams hasnt changed his mind or doesnt change his mind when i tell him what i have in mind for the cranny!!!!