Changed the fork on the latest Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It looks better. Hope it rides as good...

The fork came off a NEXT POS I got for free...bolted right up to the cranbrook. The brakes alone make it worthwhile.

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Nice conversion. The forks look good. I need to check my Fuji Cambridge forks to see if they might fit either my LaJolla, or Cranbrook. I would like the front brakes as well. Thanks for posting your photos.

jopi

Jan 19, 2013
Puerto Rico
I have a 29er cruiser and got my hands on a 26 springer fork, Is there any way i can adapt it to the 29er. I have welding experience just in case.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have a 29er cruiser and got my hands on a 26 springer fork, Is there any way i can adapt it to the 29er. I have welding experience just in case.
I would use the 26"wheel in front and avoid all the problems involved in changing a fork to fit a 29'er. You would need to move the brake mount and raise the trees to allow clearance at minimum. Lot's of ways to mess it up.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'll admit it wasn't planned this way. I had the cran fork off to grease it and it suddenly struck me I was halfway done swapping them out...I use the stock fork now as a truing stand.