Brand new builder-help on stealth exhaust set up

GoldenMotor.com

buck1234

Apr 17, 2013
Redwood City Ca
Hi all;

Your site got me interested in motorized bicycles, I'm retired and have no need for speed. My three wheel Can Am Spyder takes care of that. Retirement present.

I have a desire and need to put together a stealth exhaust for a Hua Sheng 49cc engine(Honda clone). I've researched this 4 cycle engine as best I can and the price point would allow me to buy 3 of the Clones to the Original Honda. And those I've spoken to have very little to say negatively on the Chinese engine.

So that being said, help in purchasing off the shelf or designing and fabricating one for this build would be greatly appreciated. Being on a fixed income precludes that, the least expensive that works is the best route to be followed.
I have basic hand and power tools, torch set and a MIG welder.

Any and all constructive suggestion will be gladly reviewed. Sketches or photos please send to my E-Mail address I'll be checking the forum daily so here's your chance to help out an old dude who's still a kid at heart.

Buck (aka) buck1234

Last edited:

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'd install a std 2 stroke china girl pipe (found on eBay for ~$23) and it will make it barely heard. I use them to quiet down louder 2 stroke engines (from Cag to Tanaka & Mitsubishi) with great success. I find that by adding a brace helps keep the header bolts from loosening...I also like to wrap mine with header tape.
-lowracer-

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Hey Buck, welcome to time motorized bicycle scene. I, like you, am retired, and not looking for speed from a motorized bicycle, just slow moving thrills. I sold my Honda cruiser, and am using my motorized bicycle build as a low cost, low impact replacement. Would like to know more about your build. Side note, saw a bunch of spiders yesterday on I-44 headed west, rally? Looked like fun in progress.

buck1234

Apr 17, 2013
Redwood City Ca
Thank you to all who responded muchas gracias.

To Lowracer is the title of the muffler "china girl?" or other. I've gone 1/2 nuts trying to find items on E bay that are called something else in their listing versus the slang or usage name.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Buck.

If you're handy you can use 3/4" EMT (electrical conduit) and bend up a long pipe then weld the 2 stroke muffler out at the end. Naturally you'd have to fabricate a header flange to attache it to the engine but it sounds like that shouldn't be a big deal for you.

I have a neighbor, a hard core 2 wheel rider who just bought a Spider. He says his other motorcycles have been sitting in the garage since he got the 3 wheeler home. He loves it. Got any photos of yours?

Tom

buck1234

Apr 17, 2013
Redwood City Ca
2Door aka Tom
I'll snap a few of the bike and also a custom hauling/camping trailer I built. The trailer can carry 1/2 ton, double use with Toyota truck. Built a hinged beaver tail to make the 5' bed out to 8' It stores 2 nato gas cans underneath and has a sliding carrier for a 2400 watt generator. A 4 season tent pops up and between all the storage I can run way for a while. With the extra gas, one way I can do over 350 miles. In motorized bicycle terms I could go 1600+ miles on the fuel I have.

Now I'm thinking of building a rack for my new motorized bicycle so I don't have to unhitch to go get some cold beverages at the campground.

buck1234

Last edited: