STINGRAY CHOPPER Brakes

GoldenMotor.com

luckster

May 31, 2012
Australia
Hey, i was wondering if anyone had a solution for front brakes on an occ chopper bike. Really struggling to find and real sollution. Back wheel is impossible with motor chain clearance, and front brake seems not existence

88mphtopspeed

May 17, 2012
Overland Park KS
Your in the same boat I am in. I went with caliper brakes and they sucked. I ended up rebuilding my wheel with a front drum brake as its just easier than trying to find some kind of adaptor to attach a disc. I am using a Sturmey Archer XL-FD Front Drum Hub 36h. Dont know if it would fit your wheel or if you would need to get a new front wheel as this one is 36 holes for 36 spokes. You will also need new spokes as this hub is large, and your old ones will not fit. I would take it to a bike shop and have them spoke the wheels for you as spoke sizes are made to the milimeter and its tricky. Get ready to start spending money if you want to stop. I went with the XL-FD 90mm drum in front and a 70mm rear drum with a built in 3 speed as im going with a shifter kit. Hope that helps.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

occ disk brake rear wheel

occ disk brake front wheel

occ vbrake fork legs

occ vbrake front wheel

to run dish brake you need to have a caliper mount made and welded to the frame and fork legs and order a caliper and rotor set along with cables and levers

Vbrakes order a set of Vbrakes and cable with lever

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I just had a Sturmey Archer F XDD drum/dyno laced to my front wheel. I payed $150 for the drum and laceing and think I got a bargan.

The forks and wheels shown in Ibedayank's post are at Bargan Basement Bicycle Parts, at least some of the parts are. BBBP has a large turnover and sell surplus so not all parts are avalible all the time.