grubee HD axle with 7 speed freewheel

GoldenMotor.com

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
does anyone kno where to get a grubee HD axle with the 7 speed freewheel? i want to put a jackshaft on my bike but i need a strong hub for it. any other suggestions would be appreciated to. please supply the link. i just need it strong becuz i hav alot of upgrades an my bike is already fast but i want to be able to downshift to use less of the brake. thanks in advance

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
You will not be able to down shift, it messes up the derailleur. And a freewheel will not allow that either, so I guess you were planning on filling it with JB weld? The freewheel is a good thing, it lets you coast longer without the drag of the chain system. Downshifting is a bad idea for 2 strokes, it overrevs the engine while starving it from fuel and lubrication. Just get a good freewheel, gear, and derailleur and you will be good to go. Upgrade the whole back wheel if you want, I don't know what your budget is.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Yeah, using engine braking is a very bad thing to do to one of these. They only get proper oiling while under load.

This is why most people engage the clutch when going downhill. Using engine braking will shorten the life of your 2-stroke engine!

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
ok thanks for the advice on all the braking stuff and downshifting but i still need to know where to buy a HEAVY DUTY 7 speed freewheel. and yes i was gonna fill the freewheel with something. i used solder on the grubee hd freewheel cuz i messed up and bought the wrong one for my pedal start engine. but it works great now that its filled.

Last edited:

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
i wasnt planning on doing any of that with the bike im building with the shift kit on it. i had to do that with my other bike and its a single speed. i just need to know where to get a heavy duty hub with a 7 speed freewheel. i have been getting no answers on the question i been asking. i just joined the site but i am not a beginner at building a motorized bike. just need to know where to get the supplies i need becuz there is no place around where i live to get them.

Last edited:

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
and also i have been having mag trouble. fried 3 in less than a month. the last one went not even a mile down the rd. i have no kill switch hooked up, the white wire is wrapped good with electrical tape and in no way is grounding it out. could it be the magnet? im really stumped on this one. thanks in advance

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
i have a jaguar cdi and a stock cdi on the bike. sometimes wires come loose on the jaguar so i have the stock as backup..still no spark with either..gotta be the mag. but 3? in less than a month...thats a little far fetched

thatyoder

Apr 26, 2012
PA
and moonerdizzle, that hub is for the single speed. i was looking at the grubee site and it said there was a hub with a 7speed freewheel. where can i get tht? i already have the single speed one on the bike im riding. i want the 7speed one cuz im doing a new build with a jackshaft kit and i dont want to be riding with a regular hub and have it break. already had that happen wen i was doing 40mph and if my chain didnt wrap around wat was left of the axle an lock the wheel i would have gotten messed up bad

Last edited: