Sprocket Assembly

GoldenMotor.com

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
New to this hobby :) I bought a 20" Hero. It came with 144 spoke wheels. Love the look! However, can't figure out how to assemble the ragjoint!! Am willing to compromise rear wheel and like the sprocket adapter assembly so I can easily change sprockets because I'm not sure of the gearing ratio. Any suggestions? Thanks!:-||:-||

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I don't think a rag works with the gazillion spoke wheels...
It might require some other option.
Rags are junk, anyway...
Best
rc

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Thank for the info. Think I need to replace rear wheel! Do u suggest any kind of spoke # and gauge want it bullet proof. Also what sprocket adaptor to purchase? Want top end but also need torque for hills?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Thank for the info. Think I need to replace rear wheel! Do u suggest any kind of spoke # and gauge want it bullet proof. Also what sprocket adaptor to purchase? Want top end but also need torque for hills?
I have the stock sprocket kit (HT 66cc 26" frame) installed. I have no problem @ 220# climbing hills. My favorite climb is Oak Mountain, Pelham AL. (550' climb with steep grades, in less then 3 miles) Speed...faster then I want to be doing on a bicycle, especially coming down the mountain. It gets so bad that I at times have to kill the engine, have clutch engaged, and use both front and rear brakes, to keep it manageable. My engine never labors.
You won't be able to mount the stock rag joint on your wheel, maybe the sprocket but not the joint.

Last edited:

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Cool to know! Lookin for an answer on a 20" rear wheel and what sprocket adaptor to choose. Still want gearing ratios to be easily changed. Realizing this hobby is always a work in progress!!! Trying to get this bike going in 2 weeks. Thanks

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Cool to know! Lookin for an answer on a 20" rear wheel and what sprocket adaptor to choose. Still want gearing ratios to be easily changed. Realizing this hobby is always a work in progress!!! Trying to get this bike going in 2 weeks. Thanks
Both my sons have choppers, same set up as mine, stock, and they don't have problems, although my oldest lacks a little top end speed.
Youngest son
Oldest son