40 mph setup?

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Should the hs79cc be fine? I can upgrade decent amount of parts later too.. I want a gx200, but that's too much work..

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Do you mean Harbor Freight 79cc? If so, as long as you gear it right and remove the governor it could do it.

When exceeding 25MPH sustained on a bike, you better have good enough brakes and hubs and and... lol

Seriously. Don't cut corners, it could really hurt.

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
yeah,
im still debating between 2 or 4 stroke. If i go 4 stroke I want a HF99CC panther or go all the way to 200cc. I just think there hard to both pull off a cool look without alot of work. I dont like the crammed in the frame look. I have no idea about transmission for these. Is there a simple way to run a single stage reduction just off the engine from sprocket to wheel sprocket? This seems like the most powerful setup, as less power is lost...hello 50mph!

or go 2 stroke..china girl...with sbp pipe,hardware kit, ngk, port the intake, different head..and gearing should net me 40mph also.

the weight difference will be insane though! And for a small apartment, 2 stroke is ideal. The HF engine price is definitely worth it however! I could do a full 200cc project for the cheap. Also no premixing! Cops here never stopped me on my 2 stroke for almost a year, they just dont care.

My last 2 stroke cracked the front motor mount, then the rear one broke. When I went to pull off the rear mount, the frame was cracked in half there! I dont want these dumb mount problems at all.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
AGK sells an excellent transmission and centrifugal clutch for the 79/99cc. The gears on it are readily available and easily accessible to set it up for great hillclimbing or high top speed. I have one and it's definitely a well-built unit.

I think the 200cc is too much motor for a daily rider, just my opinion. It's heavy, gonna drink much more gas, stress bike parts much more, illegal as ****, and you're gonna be replacing a lot of rear tires and brake pads lol

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Why is it we all want to crank these bikes out to the fastest speeds possible 40 I want to go 40 ,,, my bike needs to go 40 mph BLAAA Nitrous kits?? Give me a break does anyone really think those will work? All they will do is just help you melt everything faster than you normally would. I figure if you want to go fast buy a bike made to do it these bikes are designed to go 20-30 tops. Ive noticed my favorite cruising speed around the neighbor hood is 18 mph. Just like every time I look down that's what I'm doing so I guess I like that speed + I keep thinking of that kid that was cranking his bike out reaching down to fiddle with the carb. when the rear tire locked up tossing him over the handlebars and really messing up his hands . After reading his story I always have two hands on my bike and I'm ready at a moments notice for a pending lock up It has happened to me also but at a much slower speed. Most of these bikes especially the "walmart specials" and their brakes , hubs , pretty much the entire bike isn't ready to do 30 mph for any extended period of time let alone 40 your asking for it unless you go with a 29'r & Remember Haste makes waste!! No pun intended! If you want to go go go go but an XL 100. Don't get me wrong now. I love speed & Ive been 187 MPH on a Super Black Bird

Last edited by a moderator: