Connecting rod for HS-142F?

GoldenMotor.com

skyhawk3184

Apr 28, 2011
Tucson AZ
Hello Everyone, I have recently broke my connecting rod on my Huasheng 142f 4 stroke engine..I have been having finding every part for this engine but the connecting rod..

here is a parts diagram
49cc 4-Stroke Engine Parts Diagram

I have found alot of parts sites but non with part #31, #32, #33..

Please post a link to a site with the connecting rod, It is named "Link Lever" in the diagram but I know Its called a connecting rod.

P.s. Here is a picture of the broken one..

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello Everyone, I have recently broke my connecting rod on my Huasheng 142f 4 stroke engine..I have been having finding every part for this engine but the connecting rod..

P.s. Here is a picture of the broken one..
What happened when it broke? Did you do a T Blow on it? lol
How did it break?

What Huasheng motor do you have? or is it a Titan/ Huasheng?

The Honda GXH 50 part may be able to be used to replace the Huasheng connecting

Last edited:

skyhawk3184

Apr 28, 2011
Tucson AZ
I was riding, I went to give it gas after coming to a stop at a light and it made this weird clicking noise ( assuming that was the crankshaft hitting the other side of the connecting rod attached to the piston after it broke) Then stopped along side the road because the engine quit, tried to pull start but when I did, I felt no resistance from the piston.. so the crankshaft kept spinning after I was done pulling... walked three miles home and took apart the engine expecting the worst.. but I happen to be very lucky nothing else was broke, just the connecting rod.. everything else is fine, no scratches or dents.. ill post some pics soon

skyhawk3184

Apr 28, 2011
Tucson AZ
well now that I remember the day, I was going down a slight grade hill and was turning and give it throttle and it just snapped the rod from what it sounded like and felt like.. The stop light incident was when my gearbox broke.. thats not a problem now though..

Digidy

Jul 24, 2011
St. Catharines, Ont. Canada!
I was planning on ordering part #33 from that site myself. I believe it is the 'oil dipper-connecting rod.' I spent a lot of time searching for the part, then a lot of time convincing myself I could just fabricate the part myself but now I'm thinking about ordering the part tonight. I could have had it by now if I ordered it last month when I first recognized the problem. I just have a hard time paying nearly $24 for a part I've seen being sold for $2. ... Long story short. I also have a HS, I broke the dipper. I'm going to order the dipper for a GXH50 and I'll post back letting you know how it went.

skyhawk3184

Apr 28, 2011
Tucson AZ
I was planning on ordering part #33 from that site myself. I believe it is the 'oil dipper-connecting rod.' I spent a lot of time searching for the part, then a lot of time convincing myself I could just fabricate the part myself but now I'm thinking about ordering the part tonight. I could have had it by now if I ordered it last month when I first recognized the problem. I just have a hard time paying nearly $24 for a part I've seen being sold for $2. ... Long story short. I also have a HS, I broke the dipper. I'm going to order the dipper for a GXH50 and I'll post back letting you know how it went.
Awesome, I heard the gxh 50 parts were nearly identical, ill be waiting to see how it goes

Digidy

Jul 24, 2011
K, well I finally received the part. Hopefully I'll find sometime after the weekend to clean up the garage and put the engine pack together. Errr I hope I remember how to do that. I'll bring a camera with me when I start to reassemble and I'll post pics as well. (p.s. Just going by 'eye' looks like the Oil Dipper will fit perfect.)

skyhawk3184

Apr 28, 2011
Tucson AZ
Awesome, where did you buy the part from? how much was it? does it come with everything that you need with the connecting rod? like the cap and oil slinger?

Digidy

Jul 24, 2011
I purchased the Oil Dipper from eReplacement Parts. (Waited 3 Weeks.) They have a no hassle return policy, which sounds nice but I don't think I'm going to need it. The Oil Dipper I ordered looks identical, to the original oil dipper of the Hua Sheng. It fit no problem. I'm still working on the engine, so I don't know if the slinger will bust again but I am happier that I'm one step closer.

Looking at my invoice it shows the Oil Dipper was shipped from Salt Lake City, Utah by iGlobal Stores. It shows Part # 13281-ZM7-000 is worth $3.98.

Apparently there was no $5 minimum Order Fee added. Nor was I charged for International Shipping. The bill in fact shows a iGlobal Discount of 10%. To bad nearly $25 was charged on my card... maybe I'll call them sometime this week. Wouldn't mind getting 20 bucks back!