!!!!!PLEASE help bike Wont start!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

rollindolin

Jul 16, 2011
boston
THIS BIKE IS: a 80cc two stroke Frame mounted engine on a diamondback outlook

my bike had been running so perfectly for awhile after i bought it, but with a couple months of riding occasionally, i noticed it was getting harder and harder to start, what used to take one try going like 5 or 10mph now took 20 tries even going down hill. but when you got the engine running hot you could basically kick start it. then the next day the bike would not start, and the day after that and so on. i would ride for hours trying to get it to start, adjusting the choke and changing changing fuel ect. i went out and bought a new spark plug, not too much luck there. randomly it started and would only go half the speed, man was i happy. the second i released the lcutch and it turned off it still has yet to start again (its been a few weeks). i order a new carb and cdi, i know i have a good spark, i have tried starting fluid, as of today sealed off everything with new gaskets, there is compression. i believe i am getting gas float fills right up and you can smell gas in the sparkplug.
i am truely baffled, is it just done working? (i dont know too much about engines just the basics)

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
This sounds like the same problem I'm having and I think it has to do with the CDI, or electrical problems. I think it's the cheap-o cdi, I just put a new one on and it's craping out from the start. I've change the magneto to no avail. Used the stock spark plug to see if it would change, ran worse. It seems if you want your bike to run you have to buy a ten pack of cdi's......

EDIT: I believe I just fixed mine, it was due to clogged jet. Try that also, my spark plug would get wet but I guess not enough.

Last edited:

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
It could also be your clutch. Maybe try and tighten up the flower nut. I am having major trouble with my clutch. Iv gotten it as tight as it will go and its still slipping very badly.