Engine squealing

GoldenMotor.com

gra1972

Jun 21, 2011
SYDNEY
Hi all i was wondering if any one can help, i have a 66cc engine in a mountain bike and when you back off from acceleration there is a loud squeal that i have no idea what it is ,ive adjusted the clutch ,i filled out the clutch actuator where the chain was rubbing and the noise is still there ,anyone else experienced this.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I would guess it's the clutch plate squealing on the pads. Have you properly adjusted your clutch? If so, I would suggest you file the sides of the pads so they fit just loosely in the ring, and possibly score the clutch plate and clutch pads with as fine a sandpaper you can find.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
4 Step Clutch Adjustment.

0. (Presteps) Using the clutch handle's quick cable tension adjustment screw, tighten it down completely and take off the clutch cover (on the right side of the motor).

1. By pulling the cable tight against the clutch lever and locking it with the small locking end bit, you want the clutch's camshaft perfectly flat against the bucking bar. If there is still some play, use the clutch handle's quick adjustment screw and unscrew it to add tension.

2. Put the clutch handle into the locked position.

3. Remove the locking screw from the flower nut on the left gear. Adjust the flower nut CCW in very slow increments, checking to see when your bike rolls freely. Put the locking screw back in to lock the flower nut.

4. Fire up the bike, lock the clutch and lift the back wheel off the ground. If the wheel moves, adjust the flower nut again. If it's good, go climb a hill and listen for your clutch slipping. If it's slipping, you need to adjust the flower nut again.

gra1972

Jun 21, 2011
SYDNEY
Thanks for the info mate ,i did as you said and its still doing it ,i will get new clutch pads in the next couple of days and see if that eliminates the problem.

johnlee11

Jul 1, 2011
US
Thank u all for the information. it whttp://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/zpt.gifill help me in repairing my motorbicycle...zpt