what I ended up with

GoldenMotor.com

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
I dont have anything left to mount on my Rural Assault Vehicle. This is prototype number 4. Everything I've learned in the past 5 years from the previous 4 projects has gone into this one. I've gone as far as I can go with this build. My ride features a 3.5 gal. Harley Fat Bob gas tank, dual 12 volt battery lighting system charged by a regulated onboard 10 watt ac generator. It also has dual 5W/5W hi/lo beam halogen headlights, horn, LED signal lights, chrome bar end mirrors, and a 9 LED brake/tail light. With my 27 tooth sprocket I reach speeds of about 45 mph max with no wind. If only I had room to mount a jackshaft kit! Yes. It is HEAVY carrying it up and down my apartment stairs but rides really smooth, is still manuverable and the weight is barely noticable when cornering. I had to reenforce the seatpost with a solid steel rod to prevent it from bending at the brace. Im 6'4" and weigh over 230lbs. Even so, I get 50 mpg at full throttle. Sorry about the photos. I was forced to reduce size/quality to post them

Attachments

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
5yrs of experience wrapped up in one bike! WoW !
It is very fancy!

I'd like to ask about two things...
In your experience, you have no chain tension problems with a suspension rear?

And, have you found that you require 3.5gals of gas?

Tnx
rc

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
"I'd like to ask about two things...
In your experience, you have no chain tension problems with a suspension rear?

And, have you found that you require 3.5gals of gas?"

I did have to modify the stock tensioner and add a top sprocket to prevent the chain from going slack when starting and when hitting bumps. Works wonderfully well!

On the gas quantity, I really dont have to keep it full but its easier (cheaper) to keep full than my ford!

I just didn't like having to make so many trips to the gas station, now I can almost forget about the lack of gas issue, and I can ride anywhere I want to and back home again without worry.