e-mail scams

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
As a lot of folks are new to the internet world I thought it important to post this. Although this particular one is new to me, it has been around for a while.

Subject line; IRS Notification - Please Submit Your Tax Redund (A good tip off, spelling errors)

Email; "Dear Applicant:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the past years, our calculations show you have made over payments of 261.25$
Due to the high volume of refunds you must complete the online application.

Your refund may take up to 6 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly.

In order to process your refund you will need to complete the attached application form.

Note: If you are using Internet Explorer please allow ActiveX for scripts to perform all data transfers securely .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Internal Revenue Service

Copyright 2011, irs.gov All rights reserved.
[IRS.gov]Internal Revenue Service - 2011 Anual Refund Form.pdf.zip
8K Download"

This is a very convincing one. Very often they written by "people" who do not speak or write well in English.

The U.S. IRS would not write you uninvited. If you have not entered the Irish lottery, you may not have won. If it looks suspicious, Google it. Just type the subject line and search. When signing up for any thing even free email service, do not use your name and never give out your address.

Most folks are mostly good but on the internet, your dealing with a whole lotta folks!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Danny two stroke

yeah, can`t even trust mc donolds now days.

This i a bit off thread.

Last weekend 1-16-2011 = had $791. Un-authorized withdrawl from checking account. Idenity theft using my master debit card info. Have done over 200 on line transactions, this is my first problem.

The bank said i will get my money back by Monday. They cut up my card, issuing a new card and numbers. Bank say it was id theft. Will try find out who it is/was!

Ron .cvlt1 .dance1

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Ron, not good! Glad to hear your protected.

I don't carry cash any more, just used debit cards. Feel safer buying online then handing some one the card in-person.

LOL@ "danny2stroke" How'd I get demoted?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

just checked my account on line. All is ok now. Hope they cover one last overdraft charge.

The bad part!! Can`t buy mab parts on line until i get new card !! Lol.

Odered head gaskets from whizzer jan 4th, nothing yet, not even an answer to my 2 emails!!!???

Quenton sure answer`s all my emails prompty and helps all he can.

Ronnie

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Gotta be careful with ATM's too:

That's why I like PayPal so much, even if you use credit cards. Plus you can link a bank account to deposit straight into Paypal, and vice versa. That way you can put some 'shopping' money aside and not worry about it. instead of having your personal info all over the 'net.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Gotta be careful with ATM's too:

That's why I like PayPal so much, even if you use credit cards. Plus you can link a bank account to deposit straight into Paypal, and vice versa. That way you can put some 'shopping' money aside and not worry about it. instead of having your personal info all over the 'net.

Har, thats a good one

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Canuck

The only time I ever tried to use an atm was a few days before my problems with the id theft last week. It was at my credit union and would not work. Looked like the guy ahead of me had trouble also, no money. I mentioned it at the CU, she said not a word!!

Are you from Canada? Hope you are a Shania Twain fan, I sure am! That lady is for real. Nothing phony about her. She is the richest female country singer in the world and use`s Bag Balm (for cows udders) on her face and legs for soft skin, and she says so when asked. She is precious. Supposed to be close to signing a contract with the Palace in las vegas for a permenate show, rotating with C Dion.

Ron .cvlt1