Worksman bikes vs Husky bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Spaz_head

Sep 1, 2010
Canada
What is a better bike. Husky or Worksman.
They look very similar, and the price is about the same. Has anyone built a BTR using a Husky bike?

Thanks

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've asked the same question and the only one I know of who has built a board tracker with both said the Worksman was better. I've had both Worksman and Husky wheels and can say that the Worksman wheels are better.
SB

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
What is a better bike. Husky or Worksman.
They look very similar, and the price is about the same. Has anyone built a BTR using a Husky bike?

Thanks
Yes. I am not particularly anal so I cannot give you the reasons. But for me the worksman is more comfortable to work with. My Husky Kingsbury Special you can find it on these forums rides fine. I did not extend the frame. wish I had. I cannot fault the Husky, but....
I like the look of the rear section better on the worksman (about the only frame parts used (front fork tube also)and it is comforting knowing others who are building worksmans....you get to know the details of the the bike better with other folks working the same bikes. More aftermarket things are becoming available for the worksman (both standard and extended) if you want to take shortcuts and don't mind your bike looking like everyone else's.
All things considered I recommend worksman as a little more bang for your buck.

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
Thanks for the response hoodoo. I was more asking about the difference in the wheels but your info on the bikes was helpful as well.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Ruppster,
If it's wheel info you want I have lived with both the Husky and Worksman models. I find the Husky wheels to be very nice heavy duty bicycle wheels. Now about those Worksman wheels, they are just beyond the realm of bicycles. More like a light duty motorcycle wheel than a heavy duty bicycle wheel. Worksman wheels are as tough as they come.