New Stingray OCC Chopper build

GoldenMotor.com

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
I just completed an OCC chopper. Here is a list of mods that I did.
1) custom offset engine mount
2) chain adjust at the axle to avoid chain idler
3) rework muffler direction
4) two seat options, comfort and original
5) home built gas tank from oxygen bottle
6) custom built chopper handlebars

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I like that modded seat post. It sets your chopper apart from the others. Give us a little info on how you made that seatpost.

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
I like that modded seat post. It sets your chopper apart from the others. Give us a little info on how you made that seatpost.
Yes I changed the seat to give an adult more height and more legroom. I found steel tubing that was the same size as the bike seatpost and welded it to an extender plate of 1/4" steel and then to a standard seatpost. It makes for a real comfortable ride.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It looks pretty cool but it only has a single rear brake? IDK how comfortable I'd be riding a motorized bike with only one v-brake for stopping power? The other thing I've found with these Stingrays is their handling as a pedal bike really takes some work because of it's odd geometry....is this less inherrant when it's under motor power? A lot of neat angles going on in that build, you did a great job with it!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
not to be rude, but i find the shaping a bit to boxy, when i think of choppers i think of long sexy smooth curves, although i admire your quest to build something unique :)

and as mentioned the custom seat post is quite nice although i think it looks much sexier with that old fashioned style saddle :D

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
not to be rude, but i find the shaping a bit to boxy, when i think of choppers i think of long sexy smooth curves, although i admire your quest to build something unique :)

and as mentioned the custom seat post is quite nice although i think it looks much sexier with that old fashioned style saddle :D
You aren't the only one. I just sold the bike to a friend and he only wanted the original seat. Personally it make my tailbone hurt after about 5 minutes. Everthing is cool now I can use the comfort seat on a future build

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
It looks pretty cool but it only has a single rear brake? IDK how comfortable I'd be riding a motorized bike with only one v-brake for stopping power? The other thing I've found with these Stingrays is their handling as a pedal bike really takes some work because of it's odd geometry....is this less inherrant when it's under motor power? A lot of neat angles going on in that build, you did a great job with it!
I am with you on the handling while pedaling. It makes a much better motorbike than a pedal bike. It is sooo heavy. The crusing speed is about 20 mph on this one so I found the brake to be adequate for stopping.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
When I only had the original brake, I found that I was always looking where to go when it failed. A much more relaxed ride with a front break!