v-twin 4-stroke for bike build?

GoldenMotor.com

BGRooster1

Nov 4, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI
I have tried to find a suitable v-twin 4-stroke for a motor bike build.Who makes a true v-twin that would be workable.Just wondering what small displacement motors are out there.Will worry about getting the power to the ground later.lol

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
B&S make a 'V' twin series referred to as 'Vanguard'...they are a little heavy for your standard bicycle though.

BGRooster1

Nov 4, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI
Yea.Maybe I'm just a dreamer.I always liked the sound of 2 cylinders over one.The basic v-twin engine ,say similar to an HD 45 to say 65 degree ,could be small and light.
Like you say the vanguard,but that is a heavy duty engine and displacement is way more than enough.Of course if you go to small in displacement.It maybe a maintenance nightmare.Talk about little pistons,wheww

BGRooster1

Nov 4, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI
Wow .You guys have got me dreaming big time.I wonder what it would cost to have the Howell engine built.I think I need to win the lottery or sell my Vortex bedliner machine.
I did find a company in China that makes a 49cc v-twin 4 stroke for mini motorcycles.If all else fails .Will have to go that route.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Wow .You guys have got me dreaming big time.I wonder what it would cost to have the Howell engine built.I think I need to win the lottery or sell my Vortex bedliner machine.
I did find a company in China that makes a 49cc v-twin 4 stroke for mini motorcycles.If all else fails .Will have to go that route.
Look closely and read all of the small print on this Chinese motor. I think what you have found is really just a 49cc single with a Faux additional cylinder that seems to be used on Mini Chopper bikes?

ocscully