upgrade those cheap cables!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've been using Jagwire cables on all my builds, and in all my biking days, they're the best i've used by far. here's the link to the site so i don't have to explain it to you: Jagwire USA

basically, they're compressionless, kevlar lined, indestructable cables you can use for your clutch cables, and modify for your throttle by soldering an end on. they have a way more responsive feel than those mushy, stretchy, crappy pieces of trash the kits come with.

anyway, i've been ordering them direct from Hong Kong offa Ebay for about 30 bucks total, and today, i found these guys:
eBay My World - world-shopping-center

they're auctioning off tons of them for cheap. i just got 3 sets for 99cents plus $9.99 shipping each. that's a **** of a deal.

what you're looking for is called "Jagwire Housing Cable Brake Shifter Kit."

it comes with enough cables to do a bike. it's 2.5meters of housing and 2 inner wires, plus little caps for the ends.

comes in a bunch of colors, and like i said before, they work awesome.

the only bad thing, which ain't really bad, is you need to cut the housing with some super sharp cutters or a hacksaw, 'cause, y'know, kevlar and all...

so if you're looking for good cables, buy em.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Nashbar has some bike cable cutters. If you use anything else besides real cable cutters, you'll mangle those cables. They have about 20 little wires layed together to make up the cables, and plastic lining and coating.

I like Odyssey Slic-Cables. I bet the jagwire cables use the same concept.

i've been using Jagwire cables on all my builds, and in all my biking days, they're the best i've used by far. here's the link to the site so i don't have to explain it to you: Jagwire USA

basically, they're compressionless, kevlar lined, indestructable cables you can use for your clutch cables, and modify for your throttle by soldering an end on. they have a way more responsive feel than those mushy, stretchy, crappy pieces of trash the kits come with.

anyway, i've been ordering them direct from Hong Kong offa Ebay for about 30 bucks total, and today, i found these guys:
eBay My World - world-shopping-center

they're auctioning off tons of them for cheap. i just got 3 sets for 99cents plus $9.99 shipping each. that's a **** of a deal.

what you're looking for is called "Jagwire Housing Cable Brake Shifter Kit."

it comes with enough cables to do a bike. it's 2.5meters of housing and 2 inner wires, plus little caps for the ends.

comes in a bunch of colors, and like i said before, they work awesome.

the only bad thing, which ain't really bad, is you need to cut the housing with some super sharp cutters or a hacksaw, 'cause, y'know, kevlar and all...

so if you're looking for good cables, buy em.