36 Tooth Sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

georgeknight

Sep 26, 2008
Lebanon, Mo.
Hello All,
I have a 36 tooth sprocket that I just bought and tried but I need a 40 tooth. If anyone has a 40 tooth that would like to swap for this 36 tooth PM me. :bike2:

George

georgeknight

Sep 26, 2008
Lebanon, Mo.
Hello Biker Mike,
I have a 44 tooth that came with my kit. But I would like to get a 40 tooth and try it. Thanks for the offer.
George.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I have 41T. From what I have heard, that is a magic number for reduced vibes and increased speed. The 36T is great for small hills and for the flat lander that want really high speeds. The 41T is almost as fast and still climbs great. The 41T is not expensive at all. Enjoy the ride...

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
So far all i can find on Fleabay is a 36 tooth with slotted holes from "luckyearlybird", flat sprocket, and
a 38 tooth with offset teeth like the 44's, from Bikeberry/Niche marketing.

I'm going with the bikeberry one since I need the offset teeth for my chainline/frame spacing.

I calculated its a 15% difference from the 44t, but it may have a drastic effect on top speed or powerband usage. Note. You have to drill your own holes on the bikeberry part.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I ran the 38 tooth Bikeberry cog today. I had to mill out the center hole to fit on my hub like the original (they were close, but not the same size).

Drilling the holes was a pain. I suggest marking them all with a magic fine point marker, and drilling pilot holes on 7 (2 will overlap the original 5 bolt circle). I used a Vise Grip to hold them for marking. I used a Rat Tail file to elongate the overlapping holes. I used small flat washers on the screws, under the screw heads, to compensate for the oversized/odd holes, and the others to match.

Well, I got it done, and it works well. The 48cc (well broken in) tows along about 3-4 mph faster and takes off just about like it did before. I topped out at 33mph on flat ground, wide open, after moving the C clip one notch richer.

I don't think the 48cc can work with the 36 tooth or 32 tooth, unless you have some power add-ons like a performance pipe and engine mods.

If you can, go with the pre-drilled flat sprockets on the vendor websites like Dax etc It would be way easier, and you can flip the sprocket when it starts wearing, for more life.