after only 2 months I have 3 bikes now!

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
My first build was the blue wheeler. Just got the sbp pipe on it last night. Swaped my 49 for a 68.cc engine with the sbp shift kit and wow is all I can say! I ride this bike to work everyday and its so much fun! A little scary at times when there is no bike lane though. The second build is the red roadmaster for my son- have to have someone to ride with you know!. The third one I just sold today, sadly, was hoping to ride it to work tomorrow and park with the Harleys in front of the office. It is a cranbrook and I am very happy with the way it turned out. Changed my mind about cruisers for sure. Hard to let go but I have another engine in the box waiting for the next bike I find! I am so hooked on these bikes and its a great way to teach my son the rules of the road before he gets behind the wheel of a car. Also want to send out a big thank you to all the members of this forum. Always found what I needed to know and the support is just awesome!

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I see this hobby has become very addictive for you also! I have been tring to take so much time with my last few builds, because as soon as I am finished I can't wait to start another one. I am constantly searching craigslist for that perfect bike for my next build.
Be carefull or you will end up with 8 of them sitting around like I have. Four or five of them have got to go in the spring.
What part of Arizona are you in. I see some green grass, usually rock and cactus?

John

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I'm in Mesa on the west side close to Tempe. Having a few rain showers the past couple days but nice that I can ride year round! I hear ya on the bikes around the house! Until I sold the cruiser yesterday I had the 3 motorized bikes and 3 nice pedal bikes (unsuitable for engines, dang it!). My addiction to these bikes is pretty bad! When I get home the first thing I do is grab and my dog and head to the garage. I even had my 4 year old daughter out helping me detail the cruiser before it left! Her little fingers are great for cleaning the wheels! I can t wait till she is big enough for one of her own- another one to build! .crt.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I'm in Mesa on the west side close to Tempe. Having a few rain showers the past couple days but nice that I can ride year round! I hear ya on the bikes around the house! Until I sold the cruiser yesterday I had the 3 motorized bikes and 3 nice pedal bikes (unsuitable for engines, dang it!). My addiction to these bikes is pretty bad! When I get home the first thing I do is grab and my dog and head to the garage. I even had my 4 year old daughter out helping me detail the cruiser before it left! Her little fingers are great for cleaning the wheels! I can t wait till she is big enough for one of her own- another one to build! .crt.
Oh, out in the West Valley Cities. Not to far from where my son lives in Fountain Hills. I have probably been to Arizona close to 20 times. Both my sons went to A.S.U.
We are making another trip out there in the middle of March. Can't wait to get to some warm weather. This winter here has been Brutal, worst I can ever remember, and thats alot of them!
Over 60 inches of snow so far, and we still have the month of March to go!

John

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I'm originally from the south park area of colorado and the day after I moved back down here there was a huge blizard that came through (2003) which dumped up to 7' in 24 hours in some area's! I can really say I dont miss that at all! I'll take the heat over the snow now as I'm getting a little older- at least so I'm told! No more frozen beard to the zipper on my jacket for me! And I can cook on the blacktop in front in July! What a trade off!
Think I found the next cruiser today! I cant wait!

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
Oh, out in the West Valley Cities. Not to far from where my son lives in Fountain Hills. I have probably been to Arizona close to 20 times. Both my sons went to A.S.U.
We are making another trip out there in the middle of March. Can't wait to get to some warm weather. This winter here has been Brutal, worst I can ever remember, and thats alot of them!
Over 60 inches of snow so far, and we still have the month of March to go!

John
John, I sure would like to see some of your builds, I've only seen the one with the black engine w/silver fins, and the best lookin jackshaft in the world. My jeans got wet after seein yours!!!!!
Jim

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
John, I sure would like to see some of your builds, I've only seen the one with the black engine w/silver fins, and the best lookin jackshaft in the world. My jeans got wet after seein yours!!!!!
Jim
I agree! That jack shaft that you made is a work of art! I can only imagine the time you put into it and it really shows!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I agree! That jack shaft that you made is a work of art! I can only imagine the time you put into it and it really shows!
There was quite a bit of time put into the jackshaft for this bike. I finally got a chance to test ride it yesterday as the temp. finally climbed into the 40's. It was geared exactly as I thought it would be 4.89. I went up one tooth on the jack shaft, out sprocket to make it 4.40 to the rear axle. I think it will be perfect now, as it would be the same as running a 44 tooth sprocket on a non jackshaft bike.
It does take a little getting used to in the way you start the bike, kind of using the pedal as a kick starter. Seems to be a nice smooth and quiet ride with the stock muffler and the expansion chamber.

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
It took me a little while to get used to starting also with a jack shaft. Last week I had a problem, I think I "kicked"it over to hard and about 8 miles from home i started to hear a ticking. Stoped to investigate and I had cracked the small bevel gear right at the keyway. I cant say for sure but I think the "kicking" it over was the cause. Looking into the pull starters but I just take it easier on start up and bought 2 gears just incase.
Here is my latest work in progress- its an old murray, unfortunately I had to weld another support for the seat post as my son (235lbs) was a little to much for it-saftey first! as my daughter always says! after I'm bleeding of course!

Attachments

Last edited: