I need Help

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Hi guys
I just bought a 1960s Huffy w/ Bike Bug engine kit. I can get it started, but when i hit the throttle full out it goes for a bit and then slows down. I have replaced the sparkplug and the same thing happens.
help?

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
hmmm, dirty float valve? Float drops upon increased fuel consumption, but semi-clogged valve not allowing enough replacement fuel to enter into bowl. I'm just guessing and thinking out loud.

*edit, dirty fuel filter?

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
There is even a section on repair pointers! I'll have to watch this thread and see if I can learn something too!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No float in a bike bugs carb....at least not the ones I have seen.
The first thing I would do is pull the fuel pick up line out and clean that little felt "filter" at the end of it. It will be full of rusty crap and such I almost guarantee it. Look for leaks in the pick up line, and finally, make sure the pressure line doesn't have any holes in it. Mine rubbed on the tire for years apperently, and then got a hole about the third time I rode it. It helps pump the fuel up to the carb.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Last I knew, that guy wanted 25 dollars for a "literature package" before he will sell you any parts. I have never needed to buy parts, from him, they are all available elseware for less.

FYI