2 cycle smoke coming out of crankcase

GoldenMotor.com

mycam8u2

Dec 5, 2008
pennsylvania
i need to know if smoke coming from the crankcase is a bad thing. i noticed yesterday that there is oil smoke coming out of the hole where the wires for the cdi come out. is there something wrong? is this normal?

mycam8u2

Dec 5, 2008
pennsylvania
it kind of bogs sometimes. i havent taken the cover off yet, but i can see mix bubbling at the same spot so im guessing the seal is correct. where can i get new seals from?

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
it kind of bogs sometimes. i havent taken the cover off yet, but i can see mix bubbling at the same spot so im guessing the seal is correct. where can i get new seals from?
yeh i wouldnt just keep ridin it, as suggested that the seal is poop if smoke is commin out oil is commin out i dought the magneto likes to swim in that stuff and that will be next. most of the sponsors here stock them.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The reason I suggested 'just ride it' is because two years ago I built a bike that had the same problem (except the leak is on the clutch side.)
The bike runs perfect, idles perfect & has tons of power, except the clutch cover filled with oil & the pads kept slipping & I would have to change them... So, I just drilled a small hole to drain the oil & the bike is still fine!
If my quick fix didn't work, I would've just changed the bad seal & plugged the hole with JB Weld... (But I didn't have to!) ;)
I try to encourage people that it's indeed possible to think outside the box!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
the small loop seal is the one you want first off what motor? and you dont want to ride it like that you can lean it out and pop it

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
1/2 Full ,if it made fumes and ignited would that be like a retro rocket out the front past the wires,would that eliminate the need for a front brake:confused:lol

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
To run your motor with a fresh air leak such as the one you have will burn the motor up. You need to fix the leak and pronto ! You have 2 options. You can replace the crank seal, or you can seal up the engine cover with silicone. Replacement of the crank is will be best since the oil will eventually ruin the magneto or contaminate your clutch pucks, depending on which side has the leak.. I do have crank seals, but you will have to pull the one in question and send me a picture so that I make sure you get the correct Crank seal. The cost for a new crank seal is only a $1.99.. Enjoy the ride..