Thottle cable to carb trouble

GoldenMotor.com

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
My throttle cable was working perfectly until I stupidly unscrewed the top of the carb and I guess I messed it up. I put together like I think it's supposed to go

This Pin

DSCF0884 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Then this silver spacer thing on top

DSCF0882 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Then in

DSCF0879 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I threaded the wire through the spring, put it in the cylinder piece then put the end of the cable through the little opening

DSCF0877 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

carbpict004 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

But when I pull the throttle it just pulls up and doesn't pull back

DSCF0872 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If someone could help me and rid me of further frustration that would be great.

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
HI,EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS MAKE SURE THE SPRING IT'S SITTING FLAT IT IN THE CYLINDER AND NOT CAUGHT UP ON THE CABLE, THAT HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IF IT IS SEATED RIGHT CHECK AT THE THROTTLE TO SEE IF THE CABLE END IS STILL IN THE HOLE. HOPE YOUR RUNNING SOON ! .wee. brnotbrnot

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
HI,EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS MAKE SURE THE SPRING IT'S SITTING FLAT IT IN THE CYLINDER AND NOT CAUGHT UP ON THE CABLE, THAT HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IF IT IS SEATED RIGHT CHECK AT THE THROTTLE TO SEE IF THE CABLE END IS STILL IN THE HOLE. HOPE YOUR RUNNING SOON ! .wee. brnotbrnot
The spring is flat but I just don't see what pulls up the pin because theres nothing pulling on the silver spacer thing. It's just stuck in the little area where the cable head seems it should be.

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
the cable end should be caught under the barrel. the silver spacer is there to hold the needle valve down and the spring holds down the silver spacer.

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
the cable end should be caught under the barrel. the silver spacer is there to hold the needle valve down and the spring holds down the silver spacer.
Yes ok but doesn't something get pulled and released that compresses the spring. The throttle cable just pulls and doens't return I feel like I'm missing a part because I have it together and it still doens't work.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Your pictures won't load but I suspect you have the order correct. Throttle end through the cap, through the spring then through the slot on C clip and E clip (on pin) then through carb slide.

I suspect that your problem is orientation of carb slide. Make sure the slot in the carb slide is aligned with the pin inside the carb. Assemble it wrong and it will technically go together but not work properly. Carb slide will be locked up resulting in WOT and no throttle return.

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
Your pictures won't load but I suspect you have the order correct. Throttle end through the cap, through the spring then through the slot on C clip and E clip (on pin) then through carb slide.

I suspect that your problem is orientation of carb slide. Make sure the slot in the carb slide is aligned with the pin inside the carb. Assemble it wrong and it will technically go together but not work properly. Carb slide will be locked up resulting in WOT and no throttle return.
Yeah I think I did it right but I gotta find some lube for it and it was workig fine before so I don't think it's too tight but I could be wrong.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
There is a pin inside the carb neck. There is a slot down the side of the carb slide. When you put the slide in the carb the slot has to line up with the pin. Put the slide in the carb and rotate the slide till you feel it drop down over the pin. Look thru the carb to make sure the slide is all the way down closeing the carb throat before you screw the top on.