Star Trek- worth the $9...and much, much more

GoldenMotor.com

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
All I'll say is this- I believe it is impossible for either the Star Trek enthusiast or the casual movie-goer to be disappointed. It is good....really, really good.

It grabs your attention from minute 1 and never lets up. Great story, great story telling, CGI that enhances the story and does not distract from it.

Since '82, nothing in the Star Trek genre has approached "The Wrath of Khan"....now, having seen it Thursday (first standard release showing at 7pm eastern), I am left wondering which is better...it's tough, but I think I will give the edge to the new movie.

I will not give away plot points, but there is enough "inside baseball" to keep true Star Trek devotees happy (like myself), but it is not really necessary to have a vast Star Trek knowledge base to enjoy it. There was about a minute that was unnecessary, but (unfortunately) nothing you won't see on network TV.

I cannot be more positive about this movie- 2 thumbs and 2 big toes way up!!!!

Just see it. You will not be disappointed.

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
IMO it is worth the extra $7.92 to see it on the BIG SCREEN with the BIG SOUND. I'll probably see it again in the theater and then buy it NEXT YEAR. This movie is totally AWESOME!!!!!! The guy who plays Bones McCoy is amazing. Spot on.

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
My youngest son (9) begged me to take him to the movie. Now I'm into Trek, SG-1 and Atlantis, Firefly, etc. He absolutely hates when I put one of those on to watch, but he heard from friends how good it was and so wanted to give it a try. He loved it, didn't GET all the little nuances (there are plenty for devotees to enjoy, but not too many to distract from others taking in Trek for the first time) but the story telling(didn't catch the writer(s)), directing and producing (JJ Abrams (Fringe)), acting- it all was great.... and yes, I must agree that Bones was my fav. but then again he always has been.