Disguising Engines. Any Ideas

GoldenMotor.com

camplo

Mar 17, 2009
Mi
Anything that has an engine and 2 or more wheel is a motor vehicle of some kind.
These bikes fall under moped which would mean that I'd have to get it registered and get a moped license. If I could have any license I would have a car or motorcycle. But I can't. Cause of many many suspensions. So now I have this engine coming after this new revelation and am trying to sell it unless I can convince myself that I won't have any trouble from the law. I mean my God I cant get another driving on suspended ticket via fricken motorized pedal bike. So ridiculous!

So anyone seen some cool ideas besides painting to help hide the power plant!

So far it seems the the engines are less obvious when installed on cruiser styled bikes....

Last edited by a moderator:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
what he said.....

Then again you might try going e-bike with a hub motor that looks like a drum brake on the front. Then the battery pack in some container like one of those white post office mailing boxes tied on a luggage rack. That would probably fool them, but in some places enough driving without a license and you get a new address and a new roommate name Bubba. Not to mention that your date for the prom might be rather interesting.

camplo

Mar 17, 2009
Mi
Anything with an engine and two or more wheels is considered some type of vehicle that needs to registered. Thats how it is here in Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
in MI, maybe it does need to be registered. but if thats all, then no big deal. registration, yes. DL? have you checked?
here in RI, they have to be registered, but no DL or insurance. check your laws.
i havent registered any of my personal bikes and i ride them everywhere. past cops and all.
i will not "stop breaking the law." i choose what MB laws i feel are worth upholding or breaking.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Well If I were to take a chance I would go with A rear E/hub and small batteries on a rear rack with saddle bags. Then I would always peddle along with it so as not to draw HEAT...POPS

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Spunout for Transportation Minister - a Jackboot to the nervous Nellie's and naysayers.

How about mounting the engine over the rear wheel on a rack. I Don't think it's been done with your engine but it sure has with every other engine ever made.
put a milk crate over it and your done.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I'd go the Ebike route too. Around here the cops really never gave me any trouble, just wanted to know where to buy the kits. BUT if they turn really hardass about it, I'll go electric.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Spunout for Transportation Minister - a Jackboot to the nervous Nellie's and naysayers.

How about mounting the engine over the rear wheel on a rack. I Don't think it's been done with your engine but it sure has with every other engine ever made.
put a milk crate over it and your done.
The last 8 guys the snarlies saw here didn't have a laugh as their bikes were impounded and distroyed
and they faced fines of 5000.00+ each. Feeling a little nervous yet...POPS

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
I'm in central california so I'm supposed to register and have an m2/m1 license and a horn. But the cops around here are pretty cool and I haven't been stopped yet. It is registered now, but still no license or horn. They have given me a few scares at night, slowing down like they are going to turn around or turning the spot light on me. None of them have stopped me, but when I see them I always start peddling. There are a few others that ride around here and I have yet to hear of anyone getting stopped.

Maybe go the e-bike route and you might also want to ask the police their stance on the bikes. I think most are more curious then anything. I'm going legal just in case I run into one on a bad day, I don't want him sharing his bad day with me.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
if you have a in the frame engine,make side covers with vents to cover engine,cover gas tank with bag or cover,if they dont see it,is it really there?the cops wont know where the noise is coming from and when you see them pretend that youre peddaling.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
...pretend that youre peddaling.
I do that all the time. Only I do it in a,,,southern gentrified kind of manner. I catch people in cars looking at me in astonishment and bust out laughing.
I know they see me from behind and wonder how this bicyclist is going that fast, ~30, and how is he managing to do it in that fashion. When somebody passes me and the passenger is staring at me like that it cracks me up. A lot of them have laughed and a few have nodded in acknowledgment. One police officer did laugh, most are just curious.

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
I would see if the laws say anything a bout a motrized push trailer. On a last ditch effort play dumb,say I'm sorry officer and kiss alot of tail.DO NOT OFFER TO BUY DOUGHNUTS!!!! Or you could try to out run them....hey maybe its just the old hillbilly moonshiner blood in my veins...lol. It would be a bad idea to run but it wood make a great video for real stories of the highway patrol...

marsrover

Mar 26, 2009
middle of nowhere
what about laws for florida
i live on dirt road so i doubt the 5o's are gona come knocking
i have police oficer for neighebor so i will ask him
i think he solvs murders not patrols for moator bikes