Fuel tank

GoldenMotor.com

somie1

Oct 19, 2008
Buckie
See if you have fuel allrady in you`r tank, could you put some more unleaded in it or will that just mess with the engine?

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Best fuel to use is low octane 87 or so. Just have to be sure the correct oil ratio is mixed with the new fuel.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I guess I am confused about the question. All gas in the US is unleaded. Are you asking about putting more gas in without adding oil? If so...not a good plan. If you are asking something else, please explain.

somie1

Oct 19, 2008
Buckie
I live in scotland :D
well what i`m asking is, if you allready have petrol in the tank with the correct ratio of mixing with oil, but if say you need more fuel and you don`t have oil, could you put unleaded petrol in the tank and mix it with the existing oil and gas, or would that just mess up the engine?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I live in scotland :D
well what i`m asking is, if you allready have petrol in the tank with the correct ratio of mixing with oil, but if say you need more fuel and you don`t have oil, could you put unleaded petrol in the tank and mix it with the existing oil and gas, or would that just mess up the engine?
You risk making your blend too oil lean regardless of where you reside. Not a good idea, IMHO.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Me and my buddy were at a friends house on our motorbikes one day and all his fuel leaked out because of a broken fuel line. We rode to the gas station and he filled up. Neither of us had any 2 stroke oil on us so he rode on home with straight fuel in his tank. That was ~6 miles to his house where he added some 2 stroke oil, he did put a little extra in that tank but he hasn't had any problems from it at all.
That's something that is NOT recommended to do, but can be done if needed. Just be careful and not ride WOT when you do it.

velardejose

Sep 9, 2008
Lima, Peru
Hi
I found a pdf paper about two stroke oil/lubrication when researching about it a month ago
They used marked oil, and run series of tests with progressively richer oil ratios
Thing is marked oil lasts inside your engine for about 30 min of normal operation
And richer oil ratios protected against wear and allowed more hp
That could explain it
Peace

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Me and my buddy were at a friends house on our motorbikes one day and all his fuel leaked out because of a broken fuel line. We rode to the gas station and he filled up. Neither of us had any 2 stroke oil on us so he rode on home with straight fuel in his tank. That was ~6 miles to his house where he added some 2 stroke oil, he did put a little extra in that tank but he hasn't had any problems from it at all.
That's something that is NOT recommended to do, but can be done if needed. Just be careful and not ride WOT when you do it.
I think that sound you hear is Pablo weeping....

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Depends on the motor and the oil and too many other factors! I'm walkin before I'm buying a new motor just to get home!