Which sparkplug?

GoldenMotor.com

jimbob

Mar 3, 2009
Illinios
What plugs are used in these in frame china girls? I know everybody says NGK B6HS. My real question is what are equivelents ( Heat range too ) in Champion,Autolite,Bocsh etc. if there are any. Thanks.rd.

jimbob

Mar 3, 2009
Illinios
Got to love computers, Bikeguy says look below 3/4 way down, there is one other post about e5-12 withh a sparkplug website :-||but I could not open it except for the home page

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
thanks for that info pablo. I was going to get a B6hs but i might see if they hav a BP6HS.
Just a question what does an extended electrode actully do???
Thanks
BB

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
thanks for that info pablo. I was going to get a B6hs but i might see if they hav a BP6HS.
Just a question what does an extended electrode actully do???
Thanks
BB

Per our web page:

NGK BP6HS.....with an extended tip, it centers the spark in the combustion chamber and actually displaces volume, effectively increasing compression ratio. An added benefit is with the protruding electrode the plug is even more foul proof than the standard B6HS. Also, the 6 is a cooler heat range for those hard max throttle runs.
Also in the "5" heat range.

NGK BP5HS.....with an extended tip, it centers the spark in the combustion chamber and actually displaces volume, effectively increasing compression ratio. An added benefit is with the protruding electrode the plug is even more foul proof than the standard B5HS. Also, the 5 is a hotter heat range plug for those colder days.
It's a LOT better in the fouling department, and you just might feel a little power. Tiny difference but with a single cylinder so dependent on the plug, using the best plug is something we see as important.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Didn't we have a post about some one using a different plug and it stuck down into the chamber a little too far with the result of the piston head hitting it?
I know my memory doesn't work very well at times but I'm pretty sure I read something like that somewhere.