Thought I would post this up: v-brake adapter.

GoldenMotor.com

squirrel

Dec 2, 2010
hills of northern cali
hello there
i use these as well. i have one for the front and rear with a sbp dual pull brake lever. works great! the bike was built in a basically flat town with lots of traffic. stopped great with little fade. now im in northern cali and i was afraid of the grades but again....love the v- brakes.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cool.

But $25 + S&H and it doesn't even have arms? Ouch.

With the arms $53.93 delivered so not too bad though you still need a cable and lever.

Anyone have a pic of the two lower mounting parts?
It's not just a couple of zip ties is it? hehehe ;-}

Last edited:

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
For the front, just go to a scrap yard and buy some forks that fit the frame that already has the complete brake system.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
For the front, just go to a scrap yard and buy some forks that fit the frame that already has the complete brake system.
You know, I was only trying to pass on some information that I believe others may find helpful. If you dont find it helpful, that's ok. But please realize that this adapter plate is a viable option that others may find desirable to fit their needs. Also, not everyone lives near a scrapyard or can get to one, and some scrapyards dont have a lot of bike parts.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
I agree that is a viable way to get brakes where you need them. I just mentioned the salvage yard because a lot of people don't realize that you can buy stuff from them as well as sell things you may consider just scrap iron but some of it is useable to someone else.