Need a bike, LOOK UP!

GoldenMotor.com
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Sorry Bairdco, you'd better take two asprin, excedrin, Gas-X, Alka-seltzer or Prep-H, or whatever necessary before reading THIS thread! :D

Has anyone noticed a surge of bicycles in their local Wal Mart? !!!!

I walked in looking for some other stuff and trust me, you couldn't miss the bike section in my Wally World. They were hanging from the ceiling, on bike racks and sitting in the aisle. Getting ready for Christmas shoppers I'm sure. The lady I spoke with said that they've got about as many hanging up in the back room as well. IF this is any indication, bicycling is live and well in FL!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Makes you wonder if anyone checked with a structural engineer regarding the stress they've put on those bar joists. I'm sure Bairdco will say there's no problem 'cause there's no weight there. :)
Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Long ago, I used to work for Walmart (for my sins) and I know all too well about the IQ of some of the guys who hang those bikes up there, getting one bike's handlebars stuck in another's spokes, and training wheels stuck through some other bike's chain. I think my wife has come to notice that I don't walk under them if we go there. I'll walk under a ladder - but not a rafter full o' "big-box" bikes.